Chapter 15

We are already a few hours into midnight. We hit a club first and haven't really left. With the five of them doing their own thing I am just here to relax - like I have been doing for quite some time. When we did get together to drink we slid into one of the VIP booths.

Perks of being famous, I guess.

Ahri sat across from me with Akali next to her. Then Kai'Sa and Eve. Seraphine sat right next to me and due to the music she was stuck being my conversation for most of the night and I wouldn't necessarily complain but I'd rather have slid in next to Ahri.

But teasing her works just fine - from the hairs standing up on her ears is screaming that she is annoyed. Maybe that is only because I know her that well, considering that I did kinda have to deal with her for quite some time.

Honestly, I just wanted the night to be over - I haven't had the time to go out like I used to. I have been keeping away from the alcohol and pacing myself but the smell takes me back to that nostalgia of days I spent being hungover.

All I can do now really is stare at the glass in front of me and just hope that these hours go by quickly.

"Not enjoying yourself?" Seraphine leans in closer due to the loud music.

Glancing at her, "I am. Just not my scene so I am doing my best - but you don't have to worry about me."

She then asks me, "Want to get some air? It reeks of alcohol in here and it must be a pleasant smell for your stomach."

I nod, "It is pretty rough, making my stomach twist and turn and all but I'd rather just stick around for a bit longer," then with a chuckle, "If I leave this club then that means I am going home and I am Ahri's ride home."

"She can always take a ride with me or the other girls."

I nod, "Yeah but then I have to deal with her moods."

"Are you two dating?"

I glance up at Ahri, she is now in a deep conversation with Akali, "No."

"Then it shouldn't be all that bad, not like she will hate you for it," she arches her brow at me with pretty sound logic, if only she knew half of it.

"Ahri is a good friend of mine, known her for a long time and pretty much know she is going to hold it against me for a long time," then with a sigh, "Rather just deal with this than being reminded that I abandoned her when she really needed me."

"Is she really that dramatic?"

I lift my shoulders, "Only with me."

"You sure you two aren't dating?"

I nod again, "She just knows it gets a rise out of me. Though I am making it seem worse than it is - the truth is I want to stick around. I have been gone for a while and I care for all four of them, so I'd rather spend as much time before we don't ever get a chance again."

"You think you will lose out?"

I lift my shoulders, "Maybe - maybe not."

***   ***   ***

Standing outside in the cold of the night... well morning, Akali sides next to me resting her head against my arm, "Think those four are going to take forever with their bathroom break?"

"Hope not. They could have just waited to get home first to pee but bladders are smaller than my alcohol tolerance."

She chuckles, "Luckily Eve doesn't get drunk."

"She is something else," I state.

"Do you need us to drive you home?"

I shake my head, "Made sure not to drink a lot knowing I have to end up driving her home. You live far from here?"