Chapter 14

Hovering around for a while, they are about a few minutes from done but Seraphine ended things a little bit earlier. She then walked towards me, smiling widely at me as she lifts her hand in a wave.

"Heya~"

"Seraphine, right? Yo."

"Mind if I sit down?" I shake my head as she drops down on the seat next to me, "Didn't think I would see someone like you today with the fans."

I chuckle, "Must mean I am a fan."

"Are you?"

I lift my shoulders, "I know when to appreciate good music, but really I am just visiting some old friends that I haven't seen for a while."

She nods, "I heard about it..."

I stop her, "We don't need to talk about it. Not to be rude but I am kind of sick talking about it and saying that I am living my best life."

She nods in understanding, "I didn't mean to come off that way."

I chuckle, "You are all good," then ask, "Though as far as the news articles go, you were one of Ahri's biggest admirers and she your biggest inspiration to chase music. Got a good listen to your cover and must say I am impressed."

Her cheeks redden, "Thank you, I just can't believe she went out of her way to collab with me. If it weren't for them I weren't ever going to leave the ground."

"You should be complimenting yourself," I state, "If you weren't good at what you were doing they never would have picked you up," then twisting my mouth to the sides, "Plus you made plenty traction on your own before them."

She gives a quick nod, "And you the face of your band for the longest time."

"I wouldn't go that far," I state, "A band is more just a lot of cogs that can work together when it matters the most. I may have been considered to be the face but in reality, without the people behind me it wouldn't have been possible," then gesturing to them, "Like how K/DA is K/DA with only the four of them."

"That does make sense."

I nod, then smile anyway, "Though thanks for the compliment."

"A pleasure," she then turns to me fully, "What do you even do now? Or planning on doing?"

I twist my mouth to the side, "Not a lot. Been living off of the profit I made back then, mixing that with rehab among other things it kept me busy even though I hated the experience. Now I am just trying to find my way."

"Have you at least had an idea?"

"Kinda sorta do," then with a sigh, "But it all just relied on both execution and timing. Though that is just a coinflip that I do hope I end up winning."

"I know you will."

"Thanks, I hope that I can share your confidence," then watching Ahri through the corner of my eye, I notice her gaze locked onto us as I shoot her a wink, a slight smile spread across her face that quickly disappears.

"You said you knew them from before, right?"

I nod, "I think I knew Ahri the longest," I state, "Met her on one of my tours where we were the opening band to one of the festivals where she was the main attraction... you know when she was still a solo star."

"Was she happier back then? With everything?"

"Why?" I ask, "Do you think she isn't happy now?" then pull my gaze back to her.

"No, I didn't mean it like that, with the change and all that."

I then nod, "I thought it was common knowledge that she was forced to do things she didn't. K/DA is a place where the artists can take chances and do what they want to do as opposed to that which they don't want to do," I then arch my brow at her, "Silly question."