Chapter 28

Killing myself standing here, I am waiting for the four of them to settle before walking up to talk with them. I might be part of the band now but it feels more like I was put here because Lil made sure they all said yes.

Apart from Anthony, I believe he's always been a guy you could count on. Even on my worst days, I recall getting calls from him that I flat-out ignored because my life couldn't have been worse.

All of them settle, with Lil's gaze locked onto me, "What's up? You skipped practice, or said you wouldn't be able to make it and then you show up anyhow to announce something?"

Anthony chuckles as he asks, "Hopefully nothing too big."

I shake my head. "I doubt I'd come here with news about being married any time soon, but I thought I'd offer you all a chance to maybe escape the scene a bit and go out on vacation. Doesn't help that people have been down our throats about my return."

Alex claps his hands. "Fuck it, been wanting to spend our money and fame going somewhere I shouldn't."

"We can leave him behind," Lil chuckles. "No offence but we don't need you to hound after the girls trying to enjoy their time away with daddy's money.'

James shakes his head. "Where is this headed?"

I add, "Ahri and I decided to plan a getaway. Said they'd invite K/DA and that I invite you guys and then we can all plan a little travelling gig if we can't let go of work, or just take a vacation. Whatever we want to do."

"Where are we planning on headed?" Lil asks.

"I was thinking Greece. There is an island near Athens that is practically a resort and I thought it would be cool if we all could go there," I twist my lips to the side. "And... maybe it will do us all some good. No work. Just... like how we all were once upon a time."

Alex lifts himself. "Can I go pack now?"

With a laugh, Anthony chimes in, "I love his thinking. Can we leave tomorrow?"

"Probably Friday?" I lift my shoulders into a shrug. "Ahri's planning it despite my idea and we've gotten reservations ready. They just need us to swipe over the money and then we have a place to hang out for... maybe two weeks?"

"Fuck yes!" Lily jumps up, she clears her throat, "As a team, I've decided we are going on a vacation. And that we might perform there if they want us to."

Alex snorts, "It's going to be rough competing against K/DA. You know that right?"

"Who gives a shit?" Anthony lifts himself. "I have to call my mom and dad and tell them I am leaving the country."

I shake my head as James breathes out. "We could all use it after everything that's happened. We still have plenty of money in the shared account, do we take from that?"

Lil twists her lips. "We could, let's see how it goes."

"Sounds like we have it figured out," I chuckle.

"Yeah! We do!" Anthony is already putting away his kit, which he never does. "But seriously, I am going to have to make a few calls before we go anywhere. I'll message on the group chat the moment I have everything sorted out."

I then add, "I have to talk to Ahri about it still, but I'll let you all know that you are on board."

"Is this actually happening? Or are you fucking with us?" Lil asks carefully.

"I am not," I reassure her. "I just... wanted to get away for a bit."

She lifts herself and almost tackles me to the ground just to hug me. I hold her close to me as I can practically imagine the stupid grin on her face. She's probably been more worried about me and thought that I'd never break my mould.

I thought this would have gone worse, but maybe it wasn't a bad idea to invite all of them.

She pulls away slightly with her hands gripping my arms, "You are not fucking with me, right? This isn't just a trick to make me think that everything is okay and you are actively trying to find a way to hide it from me?"

I shake my head at her. "I'm fine. Ahri's been doing more for me than you'd imagine."

"Eww."

"Emotionally, dumbass."

She nods. "Still eww. But I hope you are happier now. Because even God knows that a little bit is enough at this point... just..." she shakes her head before saying with a smile, "I am very much looking forward to seeing a smile from ear to ear the entire trip."

"Maybe," I cock my head slightly. "I guess we will have to see for ourselves."