Chapter 20

Eyes shut tightly the only thing I can feel is my still racing heart, adrenaline rushing through me with the satisfaction of a feeling that I didn't even know I missed. I'm feeling such a rush that for a moment it feels like nothing can stop me.

Best to use that energy for literally anything else other than partying my night away - not like then - not taking any chances. Though whether or not I want to celebrate this one small victory feels hollow somehow.

Even if it is fulfilling in its own sense... it isn't really what I want... but I don't think I am ever allowed to have what I want. Taking a deep breath, feeling a wide smile spread across my face as I leave my thoughts.

We already made our way back backstage, busy getting ready to leave and all that. We never had the intention of sticking around for anything and going our own way - though I am the only one missing out on the celebration, more important things to talk about.

Feeling Lilly side next to me, pulling against her in a tight hug, "That felt awesome, at least they took it pretty well right?"

I chuckle, "Almost thought I was going to get booted off the stage."

"Nah, you had us backing up your sick vocals," Anthony states as he bumps his fist into my shoulder, "What would make it better if you actually decided to hang out with us for the night."

"Can't get carried away," I state with a chuckle, "Maybe another time. Let's just wait for everything to settle before we drag me along everywhere."

Alex who is already seated, "I agree. Not that I don't want you around but we shouldn't push our luck - the media is going to have something to say about it and seeing you outside on a late-night will only just bring back the rumors."

I nod, "Yeah. Best to stay safe."

James then only nods silently.

I then gesture to the door, "I will be headed out right now," I awkwardly lift my hand to greet them, "Thanks for the chance to be with you on the stage."

Lilly nods, "Let's hope it ain't the last time."

Saying my goodbyes, I fix my jacket as I dig my one hand in my pocket as the other is on my phone, the night has pretty much already begun and I know the four of them are around here, or at least that is what I am hoping.

Texting Ahri - u still at the festival

Ye just have things to sort out and get to work... wna meet up after I am done. I might be a little late though...

Will be sticking around so just tell me where and when

She doesn't respond. I then take a deep breath as I decide to find a place that is pretty secluded where I can just let my thoughts run wild for a moment, right now my nerves are ready to send me over the edge, and honestly I don't want to wait.

But you can only do that much.

***   ***   ***

Overlooking the festival, the music in the distance filled the empty air. I didn't realize but they had another performance tonight - which I didn't know about. Must have been filling in for a group that didn't make it seeing as K/DA has been around this festival for most of it.

My phone then buzzes in my hand, I glance at it as her name pops up on the screen, "Hey Ahri."

"Hey," I then hear her talk to someone else in the background, hearing my name being said as her voice become clearer, "Kai'Sa says hi."

"Hi to her too."

She relays my message as she clears her throat, "Want to meet up? Unless you are tired and do not feel like tagging along with the girls... though it would make me feel bad for making you wait for me."