Chapter 24

"Hey-"

She looks at me almost instantly, "Yeah?"

I couldn't help but smile at her instantly, "I don't mean to ruin the mood but-"

She then steps a bit closer, nuzzling herself under my arm, "I was also thinking about it, I mean I really really like you. I talked to Evelynn about a lot of things, about you... I think that maybe we shouldn't rush it at all."

I nod, "Take our time and enjoy it."

She nods, "We don't have to change anything we do... just maybe not let you move in just yet. There are a lot of things both of us need to do and the last thing I need is you getting sick of me already."

I kiss her on the top of her head, "I am not going anywhere."

She then purses her lips, "No... it's not that. I feel guilty."

Furrowing my brow, "About her?"

She doesn't answer me, she only nods after a short while and I choose not to continue with the conversation. Staring down at the people below us, we were having lunch on the rooftop seeing as the weather turned out for the better.

"Have you looked at any of the media?"

I shake my head, "Do I need to? I already have a vague idea of how people are feeling so I rather just move on. They can say what they want to, talk all their shit. I..." then shake my head, "Got too much to lose right now to care about it."

She giggles, "Hope you don't mean to say that they have something to take from you."

"I'd rather not let you sit with the bad press, Ahri."

"They can do whatever they want," she states, "It's just bad press."

"Are we going to forget that the press can kill careers?" she nods, "Look at me, someone said something that aligned so perfectly with my tragedy and it ended up spearheading my downfall."

Then glancing at her, "Take what time you need to sort yourself out, and then I will do the same. Alright?" I offer a smile as she slowly nods.

"I will," then with a chuckle, "And you show them that you are better than they think you are."

I then stop her before she leaves, "There is something I need you to know," she turns to me with a nod, "I asked Evelynn if she can try to find out who slipped those rumors, I want to make a case against them. Whether it is through law or me killing them myself."

"I'll stand behind you, no matter what."

I chuckle, "I expected you to scold me, or at least lecture me."

"Whoever did it, deserves that much," she then glances towards the door, "I..."

"Have to go and do work. I know," offering her a reassuring smile, "I won't stay too long before people start asking if I work here and I'd hate to lie."

"You can just not lie."

"Can do," she smiles as she rolls her eyes, quickly stepping to me for a hug then starts walking away, "Got a long day ahead of me, I'll message or call you the moment I get a chance."

"Will do. Enjoy your day," I wave as I let my smile fade and stare emptily down at the people below in the streets.

A long drop that would probably kill anyone. Pushing myself away from the side I start walking for the stairs. I wish I could talk to you one more time Ash... so that I can say my goodbyes, to say that I am finally moving on for good.

I have no way of telling how you would feel, after all, you gave up, and honestly, I can understand that. I sometimes blamed you for leaving me behind, other times I wished I was the one dying on a bed, other times I wish it wasn't just you.

Like a ghost hovering over my shoulder. You always smiled, never had anything bad to say to anyone... yet you gave up. Maybe none of us will know what you would do in this situation, maybe you just thought it was your time.

I wish you could tell me...

Then shaking my head as I walk out of the building and to my car. A memory that I couldn't shake and a ghost that you left behind. I am finally letting go, I won't bother you with my thoughts anymore.

Rest easy, I hope whatever was waiting for you in the afterlife is far better than how the world has been treating me. It's about time I start spitting them in the eye, the same way they took a shit on everything I was.

And whoever it was that dared speak for you, that made those claims. They better hope I am not the one that finds out who they are.

***   ***   ***

I stare at the large grin across from me, Lilly seems excited to just get out and hang out as brother and sister. Hell... it has been a long time since I have been outside in the public and not trying to hide my face.

"You missed this, admit it."

"I was starting to get sick of instant noodles and hot pockets."

She narrows her eyes, "I mean I guess that is also true... I was actually talking about your sister that you love dearly but I guess you are just an asshole."

"Always have been," I chuckle as she glances to the side as she notices a few stares, "Ignore them."

"Kinda hard to," she sighs, "We have a lot of fans but everyone is on the fence about you coming back - hell the music ratings were off the charts but a lot... and I mean a lot of people really don't know what to think about it."

Lifting my shoulders, "They can think what they want."

"(Y/N)-"

I smile at her, "We will learn the truth eventually. Evelynn said she will do her best and I trust her to find the dirt."

She then props up her arm on the table, "She said she was... but she also told me to make sure you don't do something silly."

I chuckle, "Silly, as in?"

"You know what I am talking about," she pouts at me, "Whatever. Let's just not talk about that before you ruin my lunch with talks about revenge. How are you and Ahri? Official or?"

"Not really," I state, "Trying to find our feet in a relationship that we wanted to continue from back then and we are finally officially starting over."

"Good," she nods, "I don't want either of you holding onto the past," she then asks, "And is she... you know?"

I lift my shoulders, "I don't know."

"Nevermind."

"Come on, you can ask. It's not like I am shy about anything I do with her-"

"STOP!" she then crosses her arms, "Okay. I am going to change the subject for the second time and I swear I will kick your ass."

I chuckle, feeling a craving to smoke. I hold it in for a moment just to enjoy the food and time before they lecture me about that again. I have a therapy session coming up, seeing as they gave me a call earlier today.

She advises meeting up and talking about recent events to see where my head is at.

I don't want to go, but I have to. I guess she can give me some insight... about moving on.