Chapter 13

"Where you headed off to?" Anthony stops me as I head to leave, "Was going to ask if you want to hang out and grab some dinner?"

"I... Anthony, I am flattered but I have never been picked up by a guy-"

He stops me, "Coming or not?"

Still keeping my straight face, "As much as I don't want to let you go stag, I have already made plans to be somewhere else. I mean you can always ask James, always good company that one."

He follows me as I leave the studio, "Really don't get along with him after what happened do you?"

"Would you?" I counter.

He shakes his head, "Prolly not."

I lift my eyebrow, "There you have it then, see ya later," then walking towards my car I spot Lilly hovering near it, "Hey, want a ride to your apartment?"

She nods, "Were you going to let me walk?"

"I was just offering," then with a snort, I gesture for her to hop in, as she settles in her seat I start the car and remark, "That went better than I had imagined it would, no?"

"Well - it could have gone smoother if you didn't confront James."

"He deserves a lot more than that," I state, then with a sigh, "I'd imagine you would agree but it looks like I am really the only one that actually remembers everything."

"There is no need to bash him about something he said in the heat of the moment," she gives me a pleading look, "We all were heated, angry, and confused - he lost his cool after seeing you drown yourself the way you did and you snapped back at him because he wanted to pull you out-"

"Interesting way to put it - all I want to say is that I couldn't care less about what he does. Maybe it changes, maybe it doesn't. For now, as long as he doesn't say or do something stupid I won't do something stupider."

Rolling her eyes, "Yeah - yeah. So where are you going? Meeting up with Ahri again I imagine."

"Meeting up with the entirety of K/DA. Do you have a VIP pass? I can always get you to tag along-"

She shakes her head, "Performers pass. Meaning I don't get to attend this meet-and-greet but a lot of friendships became fragmented after what happened. We all went our separate ways so I'd rather meet them at a later time."

"Don't like them?"

"I didn't say that," she says quickly, "Just in a more social environment where I don't have to just talk to them in case we don't hit it off like we used to."

"Straight home it is then," I glance at her, "I don't think much would have changed anyway - but I understand how it feels, not knowing what to expect when you see everyone again. You don't want to keep your hopes up in case of disappointing yourself."

"Hm mhm."

***   ***   ***

"You look familiar?"

I arch my brow at the guy next to me, "Me? Oh, I am just a die-hard K/DA fan and have been going out of my way to see the biggest icons in pop culture. Hoping that they'd take me under as a fledgling that would do all these chores for them and slowly but surely worm my way into their heart like a parasite."

"I see- a joke right?"

I chuckle at myself, "Uh-huh. Probably just saw me somewhere on the news."

"That would explain it but I just can't place you at all."

"You will soon enough," I glance as they let the latest batch leave, we are the last couple of people to get in.

The only reason why I am at the back is that I don't intend to be limited by time - chances are knowing them, after this, they will probably go out to enjoy the rest of their night before passing out most of tomorrow and then perform late at night where they have to meet the fans yet again.

PR is such a bitch to do. Keeping the fans happy and all that.

Taking my time to walk in, most of everyone has already dispersed into the people they really wanted to see. With hands in my pockets, I wander towards Akali who is talking to them with a massive smile on her face.

She glances at me only to not realize it is me at first, then as she finishes with her conversation she almost tackles me to the ground as she tucks her arms under mine.

"Good to see you to-" I pat her back as I try to recover some of my breath.

"I am so happy to see you," she then pulls away, "Does this mean you are back with your band? I mean are you going to consider at least?"

"Woah small questions first," I chuckle.

She nods with a chuckle, "Sorry, how are you? You look a hell of a lot better than the news was saying."

"Feeling a hell of a lot better too," then stating, "I should be coming back to the scene, not going to make any promises though."

"How about everything else? You holding up okay?"

I nod, "I am, thanks. I just have to swing around to greet the rest of the girls, promise to catch up?"

"Does that mean you are going join us for the night?"

"Hmm, I will just have to run it by Ahri first."

"Doubt she will say no," but then with a smile, "But sure."

I might as well leave Ahri for last, I then head straight for Evelynn who had her eyes locked onto me for a while. She was seated next to Kai'Sa, nudging her shoulder against her's she gestured to me - her eyes widen in shock as she gestures for me to come closer.

Making my way over, "Hey you two."

"Hey," Kai'Sa flashes me a smile before returning back to the person she was talking to.

I then look at Eve as I lift my brow, "Long time."

"Quite," then crossing her legs over each other, "I was beginning to wonder when you were going to meet up with the rest of us," she then gives me a mischievous stare, "I'd ask how you have been but I can imagine that much for myself."

"Well just in case you think that it isn't going well - it is definitely going well," she shakes her head at me, "Missed me at all?"

"Wished I could have done more to help you," she states, "Unfortunately I am not so good at getting rid of rumors when it comes to someone else."

I shake my head, "We are past that."

She nods, "Thankfully too," she then winks at me, "Catch up with you later."

"Gotta entertain the fans."

"Saying it like you aren't one," she turns away from me with a smirk.

I hover around for a moment, waiting for Kai'Sa to get some free time as she walks to me, "Hey, you know you are here as a guest so you could have just jumped in."

I shake my head, "Sounds like a bad idea," she gives me a quick hug, "Besides, you all know me personally so it would feel weird to just step in. Fans first, right?"

"In this situation, yeah," she then sides next to me as she asks, "You must be hearing the same question a lot."

"I am doing well yes," then with a smile, "Things are going a better direction but I am still a little confused. I may look like I know what I am doing but I assure you, that would be dead wrong."

With a faint smile, "Just rely on us a little more this time."

I nod, "Will do my best," I then glance towards Ahri, "Looks like a lot of fans."

She nods, "I got lucky to break away when I did. Though I think you might only get to talk to her if you stick around till later tonight."

"An invitation?"

"I wouldn't say no," she states, "Just like the old days."