Chapter 3

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

The sun is setting and the three are quietly walking towards Kuiil's place. They finally arrived when it turned night seeing Kuiil working on his machine. Kuiil had notice their presence and without turning around he answers, "I thought you were dead." Mando was a little startled that Kuiil knew it was them without saying anything to him. While Althea was intrigued with Kuiil and curious on why she felt some sort of trust towards this unfamiliar Ugnaught.

Kuill turns around from his project to the three who stand there looking at him. So, he climbs down and introduces himself to Althea who just politely nods at him. Grogu has climbed down Althea shoulder and started chasing a frog. 

"Mama, this frog won't stop moving. Can you help me?"

" Oh Grogu, I would but sometimes you must try and do things yourself. Remember this, never give up on something you really want, it is difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret."

"Hmmm, okay mama I won't give up."

While Grogu and Althea were talking telepathically Mando and Kuiil were having their own conversation. Kuiil looks at the two from a distance and looks back at Mando. "These are what was causing all the fuss?" Mando looks at Al who is looking after the child. "His name is Al and as far as I know he doesn't talk, but there is no other information on who he is." Then he looks over at Grogu, "I think it's a child."  "They are better to be delivered alive then." 

Mando faces Kuiil, trying to fix his gadget thats attached to his arm. "My ship has been destroyed. I'm trapped here." Althea looks over at Mando with a disbelief look on her face and thinks at the same time Kuiil talks. "Stripped. Not destroyed" "Stripped. Not Destroyed. The Jawas steal. They don't destroy." Kuiil hands Mando a tool so he can fix his gadget. "Stolen or destroyed, makes no difference to me. They're protected by their crawling fortress. There is no way to recover the parts." "You can trade." "With Jawas? Are you out of your mind?" "I will take you to them. I have spoken." Mando just sighs at his comment but hears snickering coming from Al who is looking away trying to cover up her laugh.

"I don't understand what is so funny?"

Then they hear cooing and all turn to Grogu seeing he has captured the frog and showing it off to them for a brief second.

"Mama I did it! I did it! I caught the frog!"

 Then started stuffing the frog in his mouth. The three all had different reactions.

Kuiil looked grossed out but intrigued at the same time. Mando was a bit startled but scolded Grogu with "Hey! Spit that out." While Althea looked him with adoration and pride but still chuckled a bit.

"That was wonderful my child. I am so proud of your accomplishment."

Mando look over at Al chuckling and saw the adoration and pride he had for the baby in his eyes. He started wondering what type of connections they had with each other.

"Is he the kids father? What did they do to become bounties?"

It is the middle of the night and all four of them had stetted of into the desert while it was raining trying to catch up with the Jawas with Kuiils Blurrg pulling a cart. Mando is sitting on top of a crate facing towards Al and the child who are sitting on the ground. Al was not bothered by the rain, instead she was focusing on making sure Grogu did not get wet, who was inside her robe sleeping without a care in the world.