Chapter 9

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No Ones POV-

Cara, Mando, and Al were walking around the forest looking for any clues that the raiders left behind. Mando speaks up after using his heat detector. "About 15 or 20 of them came through here on foot." He then looks up seeing something else. "And something big sheared those branches." We walk a bit more and we look down finding a big footprint. They all immediately recognized it as Al speaks up. "AT-ST. An Imperial Walker. Wonder what's it doing here?" Cara speaks up, "I don't know. But this is more than I signed up for."

They quickly walked back to the village to tell them of our discovery as Al tries to come up with a plan that doesn't expose her that could put the child in even more danger. They got all of the village to surround them as Mando spoke up, "Bad news. You can't live here anymore." The crowed grew confused and frustrated as Cara and Al looked at him shocked for different reasons. Al doesn't understand why they can't help him. As Cara tells Mando, "Nice bedside manner." "You think you can do better?" "Can't do much worse. I know this is not the news you wanted to hear, but there are no other options." One of the villages spoke up, "You took the job." "Yeah." Cara retorted back, "That was before we knew about the AT-ST." "What is that?"

Al then pipes in at this "An AT-ST stands for All Terrain Scout Transport, which are considered to be cousins of a AT-AT. It is a light, heavily-armed, ground combat vehicle, and is able to trek various environments. Its model is equipped with a chin-mounted, double blaster cannon, a light E-web twin blaster cannon on the port side, a concussion grenade launcher on the starboard side of its head, two clawed feet, and is encased with 9095-T8511 grade durasteel. It's chin blasters have an effective range of two kilometers and are used for anti-vehicle attacks ..." Al looks around seeing everyone looking at her in astonishment of her knowledge. "Ohh, sorry. It's just they asked, and I just knew." Cara just nods still trying to process what she said and continues speaking, "Yea, in simplest it's the armored walker with two enormous guns that you knew about and didn't tell us." The village started pleading for their help and Al knew that she couldn't leave without helping them as it is the Jedi way to help any civilians that are in need. Omera then speaks up, "We have nowhere to go." "Sure, you do. This is a big planet. I mean, I've seen a lot smaller."  Caleb then speaks up, "My grandparents seeded these ponds it took generations." "I understand. I do. But there are only three of us." An older villager speaks up, "No, there's not. There's at least 20 here." "I mean fighters. Be realistic." "We can learn. Give us a chance." "I've seen that thing take out entire companies of soldiers in a matter of minutes." Omera speaks up again, "We're not leaving." "You cannot fight that thing."

Mando was just watching Al seeing how much she wanted to help the village.

"Come on Mando, you know this isn't a good idea. But it would make her happy. Oh god, what she does to me, I can't go back now."

"Unless we show them how." Cara looks at him in disbelief while Al looks at him happily as his heart beats a bit faster happy making her happy. Al then adds onto Mando's suggestion, "Yes, and if you know the ins and outs of an AT-ST walker finding its weak points is basic child's play and would help be easier to take them down." Everyone starts agreeing with the two as Cara sighs going along with them. "Alright we will come up with a plan and discuss about it tomorrow." Everyone nodded and went back to their homes as Cara waved the two a good night and left to her lodging. It was quite for a moment as Mando broke the silence with a teasing comment, "Know it all." Al just scoffed playfully turning to him and putting her hand on his chest patting it lightly making his breath hitch. "I am just very knowledgeable Mando. Let's go back inside the barn we can't leave the baby inside by himself for too long." Mando could only nod as he watched her walk inside the barn. He quickly broke out of his love-struck moment and made his way into the barn as well.