Chapter 4

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

It was getting a bit late and the Jawas were getting inpatient waiting for the three to come back. Kuiil stood his place knowing that they will come back with the egg. Speaking Jawaese towards the Jawas "Just a little while longer." But the Jawas ignored him not wanting to wait any longer started to head back to their vehicle. "Fine. Go without me." Just when he turns around, he spots the three walking towards them. "Mando" he screams while waving them down. The Jawas stop in their tracks just as Mando speaks. "I have it. I've got the egg." The Jawas start cheering and run down towards Mando taking the egg of his hands. They watch as the Jawas celebrate and cut the egg open to just eat the inside making them gag in the inside. Mando and Al walk towards Kuiil and Mando speaks up. "I'm surprised you waited." "I'm surprised you took so long." At that Althea would've snickered at, but she was so exhausted and in pain that she didn't even notice the joke between both men. And Mando noticed this causing him to worry for Al a bit.

"Wait why do I even care if he is okay or why he didn't laugh at that joke we did?"

He just shrugged it off and went to help out Kuiil with his ships body parts. They were on the cart again on their way back to Mando's ship with Mando sitting on the chair and Al sitting with her legs dangling down the cart with her baby in her arms making sure he was okay. Mando is looking over Al shoulder at the baby still sleeping. Kuiil decided to speak up. "Is it still sleeping?" Al just nodded, while Mando did the talking "Yes." "Was it injured?" Al shook her head. "I don't think so. Not physically." "Explain it to me again. I still don't understand what happened." At this Althea jumped a bit but tried to cover it up, but the Mandalorian still noticed her movement. "Neither do I. But I think he does." Pointing at Al. Kuiil just hums in response. Kuiil also speculated that something was off about Al but chose not to speak up in front of the Mandalorian. 

By the time they arrived to Mando's ship it was nightfall and Al had putted the baby back into his pod. Mando looks at the ship and sighs "There's no way we're gonna get this to work without a full maintenance facility. This is gonna take days to fix." While Mando was talking Al had Kuiil take of her cuffs so she could help him fix the ship. When mando was done speaking Kuiil spoke up with Al having tools in one hand and some ship parts in the other arm walking towards the ship with Kuiil right by her side. "If you care to help, it might go faster." Mando looks at the two in disbelief wondering when they had gotten so close together and how Al was also able to fix his ship. But then realized that she had no cuffs on. "Hey when and how did you take your cuffs off." At this Kuiil speaks up again, "We'll if you want your ship to be fixed faster than it is better to have more hands and not ones with restrains on." Mando just sighs at this. "Fine, but once we are done you will put the restrains back on, got it." Al just nodded and went back to working on the ship. Kuiil goes up to Mando with a tool handing it to him "There is much work to do."

While working on the ship Kuiil and Althea had learned that Mando didn't know that much about mechanics when he almost blew them up when putting two wires in the wrong place and decided to kick him out not wanting him to kill them all. But Mando just started to help Al caring ship parts after noticing her limp a bit or struggling to carry a part. Althea didn't say anything about it and let him do it, as she was heavily tired and injured but tried her best not to show it. None of them slept that night as it turned into morning and finished repairing everything on the ship. While Mando went up into the deck to make sure everything was working in order, Althea and Kuiil were outside of the ship with the sleeping baby waiting for Mando. Kuiil thought this was the perfect time to bring out his speculation about Al with her.