Chapter 24

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

We get to the front door as Mythrol then says, "All right. We can't go any further than this." Greef nods, "Let's go." Everyone gets down with Mythrol still sitting inside as they walk up to the door. Mando tries to get the door open with the operating system as it does not work. "The controls are useless. They're melted." Althea looks at it and nods, "It's probably from the heat from the lava." Cara adds, "Imperial trash." Din starts looking around as Mythrol then says, "All right. I'm heading back. Hit me up on the comm, we could set up a rendezvous time." Greef then says, "You park your gills right there until I say otherwise." "I'm starin' to dehydrate, boss." "Okay, how does 30 more years off your debt sound?" "Can you at least be quick about it?" Althea wanted to say something but Greef continued, "You wanna be quick? Grab the flange cutter and help us out." He groans as Althea then speaks, "I could open it ya 'know..." Greef looks at her, "He could do it easily, so don't worry." Althea shrug and steps aside and let Mythrol get the door open as she looks over at Din seeing that he is looking up. She follows his gaze and see's a platform"

She sees what he was planning to do as they look at each other as he says, "Hold tight." She nods but still wonders,

"They do know that I could break the door down in just a few seconds... right?"

They watch as Mythrol is taking a bit long as Althea looks at the door as Cara says to him. "How long is this gonna take?" "Look lady, this is rated for light plumbing and such. You're lucky I even packed it at all." "Dank farrik." They all then hear stormtrooper screaming as they all looked up seeing him fall to his death right in front of them. Althea looked back at the door quickly as she hums a bit and uses the force and quickly finds the weakest spot as she jabs at it. The others look hearing her hum and sees watches the door break down with just a jab with a finger. Greef then speaks, "I forgot you could do that." Althea shrugs, "I didn't realize that this was an elevator... it might be weird going up without a door." The other shrugs as Mythrol looks at her in astonishment as they walk in without him.

Greef then says to him, "Are you comin' in or what?" "I'll take my chances here, but thank you." Cara then says, "Well, when the lava tide comes in, give us a holler. We'll drop you a rope." Mythrol quickly gets in as the elevator goes up. They reach the top floor to be greeted by Din already taking down the troopers as he says, "Empty base, huh?" Althea chuckles and walks towards him placing a hand on his chest, "Good job Mando." He smirks underneath the helmet as Greef says, "The reactor should be set in the heat shaft. If we drain the cooling lines, this whole base will go up in a matter of minutes." Mythrol then speaks, "Look. It's a mint Trexler Marauder. We can get a lot for this on the black market." Althea then say, "True, but it's going to get vaporized like the rest of this base." Din nods, "Now, let's go." He grabs Althea's hand as they start walking ahead as Mythrol says, "Such a waste."

They get to a door as the group takes out their blasters except Althea who doesn't have one. She goes over to the control pad and presses some buttons getting the door to open as she stands behind Din as they all hid next to the wall of the entrance. As it opens revealing speeders for the storm troopers, but with no one inside as they walk in cautiously. Althea made sure to take down one of their security camera to give the control room a distraction until they got there. It worked as the worker asks one of the men about it as he got no response back from them as Cara chokes him out. Din and Althea starts working on the controls as Greef and Mythrol check the body for anything useful. Din shuts turns off all of the security as Althea looked for the heat shaft. Althea smiles as they were done as she says, "I found the heat shaft. Shall we get going?" They nod as she leads the way. As they were getting there she then says, "The access corridor should be right past this junction. As they were about to go through an opening she felt others presence close by as she stops and puts her hands up stopping them as well, "I could feel others presence near by."