Chapter 20

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

It was the next morning as Althea was still not awake and Mando got them back on the speeder and rod off. He wanted to get to the ship back quickly as he was speeding off fast. He looks down at Althea sighing as she was still asleep. He looks back up seeing that they needed to go through a small ravine, so he starts to speed up even more. Just then he felt her move as he looks back down seeing her opening her eyes. He was about to ask how she was when suddenly a rope came out of nowhere as the speeder hit it launching them in the air.

Althea was barely awake, but she was still able to grab the baby in the air as she lands hardly onto the ground rolling with her back colliding into a rock while making sure Grogu doesn't get injured. Mando was able to use the jet pack to kind of land as he sees all their things scatter around the sand and the speeder exploding. He then hears a yelp quickly knowing it came from Althea as he turns around seeing her back collided onto the rock harshly as she had the baby in her arms. 

Just as he was about to run over to them as one Nikto shoots at him. One of them look at their other companion and says, "Get the woman and child." The alien nods and starts heading over to the two with Althea who was still a bit out of it from barely waking up. A second Nikto comes out of the rocks in front of Mando as he was about to shoot the alien going over to the two as the second stops him with his axe. The second swings his ax at Mando making him duck and punching him. The first one goes over to help the second as he pushes him. The two were fighting Mando as Althea was in pain from the back as she struggles to sit up. The alien was about to use his gun to shoot him, but Mando took the opportunity and uses his grappling hook and grabs the snipper blaster pulling it away from the alien's hand and ducks casing to hit the two Nikto.

Mando finally looks up seeing Althea on her knees holding the child as the alien holds knife at her throat. Mando then says, "Wait! Don't hurt them. If you put one mark on them, there's no place you will be able to hide from me. We can strike a bargain. There's a lot of value in this wreckage. Take your pick." He watches as the child starts to whine as Althea consuls him a bit as he continues, "But leave woman and child." The alien speaks in a different language to him. Mando then asks, "What?" Althea then says, "He said that he wants your jet pack."

"Of course, she knows what ever language that alien speaks."

Mando sighs, "Okay." He takes it off and places it down a few feet away from him. "Here. It's yours. Take it. It's okay." The alien lets go of her and quickly takes the jetpack as the alien says something and runs. Althea then says, "You can figure that one out. Plus, the baby wants to go with you." She places Grogu down as they watch him run over to Mando as he bends down and picks him up. He then looks at her, "Are you both okay?" Grogu coos as Althea nods a bit, "Yes, I will be okay, just a bit of pain on my back. Could you help me up?" He nods and walks over to her giving her a hand. "Thank you. What about your jet pack?" "It's fine, watch this." They both turn to see the alien hasn't gotten that far as Mando presses a button turning on the jetpack and sending the alien in the air and presses it again as he falls back on the ground harshly making Althea wince, while Din snorts. The two looked at him as he just shrugs amused at how he fell as she then says, "This reminds me the time when we meet and when you chased the Jawa's and climbed their vehicle, then eventually falling onto the ground. I tried to help your impact less painful but... instead I healed you." 

He looks at her, "You did?" She nods, "Did you take off my helmet." "No. I respect your religion and it wasn't as badly as the time in Nevarro." "Thank you." She smiles at him as he presses a button making his jetpack going back to him. She then looks around seeing all of their stuff spread out, "What distracted you to cause this mess?" Din blushes as he did not want to admit that he was staring at her. "The rope popped out last second before I got the chance to stop." She nods, "All right let's pick up our stuff." He nods as they start picking things up and putting it together in one spot. Mando picks up the rectangular wrapped clothed object that the Tuskens gave him as he turns to her as she was putting down another thing in the pile. "Hey, Sun." "Yes?" "The Tuskens told me to give this to you once you wake up." He hands her the object as she opens it revealing old book.