Chapter 26

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

The group finally made it to the planet. Grogu was playing with his silver ball, Din was driving the ship, and Althea was reading the books that has been passed down to her from generation to generation. She looks up seeing that Din was looking at her. She smiles, "Is there anything that you need?" "You." She blushes, "You already have me." She could feel him smirking right now as she then says, "Why don't you go practice your sons name." He looks at her for a second and then looks at the baby, "Grogu." Grogu stops playing and looks at him. Din chuckles as Grogu goes back to playing. "Grogu?" Again grogu looks at him and he chuckles again as Althea also chuckles, "You should stop teasing him like that before he starts to ignore you again." "Why didn't you tell me his name earlier?" "You didn't ask." He looks back at Grogu, "Give me the ball." He reaches for the ball as Grogu moves it away from his hand as Althea laughs.

Din then tries again, "Grogu, give me the ball. Come on." Grogu hesitates not wanting to let go as Althea then speak, "Grogu." He looks at her, "Give your father the ball, don't you want to show me how well you have been doing when training." She gives him a warm smile as Grogu immediately listens and hands Din the silver ball. Din sighs, "He still listens to you more..." Althea chuckles, "Of course he does, he's a mama's boy." Din nods and then thinks of something, "Then we need to make sure to have a daddy's girl." Althea blushes, "Maybe if you behave yourself." Din smirks as he then focus back on Gorgu, "Okay, here we go." He shows Gorgu the silver ball, "You can have it, just like before." Grogu reaches out for it as Althea watches as Din says,  "Grogu, come on. You can have it." You can see Grogu concentrating as Din encourages him, "Come on." With the force Gorgu was able to take the ball from Din cooing happy to have it." Din then says, "Dank farrik!"

Gorgu drops the ball thinking he is mad at him as Althea stood up and then hit Din head from behind. Even though he has a helmet on it hurt as he grabs his head realizing that he startled Grogu. "Hey, no. I'm not mad at you. You did good. I just... When the nice lady said you had training, I just..." Althea could sense Din's worry as he sighs picking up the ball handing it to Gogu. "You're very special, kid. Just like your mom." Althea smiles as he continues, "We're going to find that place you belong and they're gonna take real good care of you." Althea smiles and places her hand on Din's shoulder, "He will be fine. I will be there to help him find the right person for him." Din nods and looks at the map. "This is Tython. That's where we're gonna try and find you a Jedi. But you have to agree to go with them if they want you to. Understand?" He looks at Grogu as Althea chuckles, "He gets it." Din nods, "Plus, I can't train you. You're too powerful. Don't you wanna learn more of that Jedi stuff." He then looks at Althea, "Why can't you train him? As far as I understand you're more powerful than him." "Althea gave him a sad smile, "That is true. But if you remembered when discussing with Ahsoka. I'm already on a dangerous path that could lead me and others into destruction. I don't want him to go that risky path I am taking."

Din recalls the conversation and then asks, "Is it true what you said? Do you really mean it when you said that you would take your own life if you saw yourself going down the wrong path?" Din waited hoping she denies it, but to his dismay she says, "Yes. You are right." Dins hands turns into fists, "I don't want you to do that." Althea sighs, "I know, but if that day does ever come. It is something I am willing to do. Not just for myself but for others safety. I don't want to cause any destruction that will hurt the innocence." He then turns to her standing up and placing his hands on her shoulders as he looks down at her. "I will make sure that won't happen. I will die before that happens to you." Althea smiles, "That is very thoughtful of you Din. But you can't die before me." Din was confused, "Why?" "Because your the only one who can cause my downfall Din." Din takes in her words as they look at each other. He sighs as they lean their heads against each other taking in the moment. A minute later they separate as Din then says, "Then we'll both help each other to not let that happen." Althea smiles and nods, "Yes, lets do that." They then sit back to their seats as Din looks at Grogu, "As for you, I agreed to take you back to your own kind, so that's what I need to do. You understand right?" Grogu just looks at him as Althea chuckles.