Episode 14

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

It was the next day and they all set off to Nevarro. Mando set the ship on auto piolet and joined the rest of the group down the ship. Kuiil was taking care of the burrg, Al was sitting on the floor carrying the baby as they watch Cara and Mando arm wrestle. They were both grunting as Cara says, "I got you, Mando." "Care to double the bet?" Al was paying attention to who was going to win, not noticing Grogu raising his arm and focusing. A second later Al senses the shift in the force and looks down seeing Grogu focusing and using it. Then she hears Cara choking and looks up seeing her grabbing her neck. 

Al quickly stands up making Mando look at them as she turns the baby towards her as she puts her forehead on his. She closes her eyes and uses the force to reassure him that everything was okay while saying, "Stop... Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Okay... she is a friend." Grogu stops as Cara takes was able to regain her breathing. Mando takes a step towards them as Al brings the child closer to her and moves back a bit, which pains him a bit. Cara then says, "That is not okay!" While Kuiil then says, "Hmm. Very curious." This causes Cara to look at him, "Curious? It almost killed me!" 

Kuiil then looks at Mando, "The story you told me of the mudhorn now makes more sense." Al looks down at Grogu not wanting to look at the others as Mando asks, "What is it?" "What it is, I don't know. But what it does, this... This I've heard rumors of." Cara then asks getting frusterated by the second, "What? When you worked for the Empire?" "When I was sold to the Empire, in indentured servitude." "Yet somehow, you walk free." "I bought my freedom through the skill of my hands and the labor of three of your human lifetimes. Do not cast doubt upon that of what I am nor whom I shall serve." 

Al could feel the tensions as Mando could also see it as well as he then says, "Tell you what. I could really use your craftwork right now. Can you pad this container so the child can sleep better? "I shall fabricate a better one. Then perhaps this Dropper can see how one can win their freedom with the skill of one's hands." Cara and Mando went up to the control room as Al stayed down the ship with Grogu and Kuiil. Kuiil was working on the child's container as he then asks Al, "I suppose you know more about this rumor then I." Al looks at him and sighs, "Yes... it's something him and I were both imbedded since we were born and had to bear with all these years." Kuiil nods and asked no more questions.

They arrived at Nevarro as the group discussed and came up with a plan on how they will execute this mission. They will put the child in its pod as Mando controlled it and Al will sit behind him on the Burrg as the other two will ride their own separate burrg. Al had her hood up making it cover the top half of her face from others view. Greef was already waiting for them as the group goes up to them from a certain distance. Greef then says, "Sorry for the remote rendezvous, Mando, but things have gotten complicated since you were last here." The group sees that Greef has three men with him as Greef continues, "It appears that introductions are in order. It seems we've both provided a security detail. I recommend the shock trooper guards the ship. These lava fields are lousy with Jawas."

Mando then says, "She is coming with me." "But the town is now run by ex-Empire. If a Rebel Dropper is with us, they'll all get their hackles up." "She is coming." "Fine. Fine. At least cover your tattoo. No need to flaunt it. Now, where is the little one and Al?" Al was about to get down as Mando put his hand on her leg as a way to tell her to stay. He then lifts his arm and presses a button making the pod that held the baby go over to Greef as he opens it. Al stays calm and watches closely as Greef picks him up and says, "So, this little bogwing is one of the things the fuss was about." Mando had his hand on his gun as the group stayed in high alert as Greef continues, "What a precious little creature. I can see why you didn't want to harm a hair on its wrinkled little head."