Chapter 18

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

They watch as the Marshal sits down and takes off his helmet making Din surprised as he puts it down on the table and says, "I've never meet a real Mandalorian." He chuckles a bit, "Heard stories. I know you're good at killing." Mando's hand gripped Althea a bit more tightly as she places her hands on his to calm him down. Everything was quiet as the Marshal continues speaking, "Probably none too happy to see me wearing this hardware. So... I figure only one of us walking out of here. But then I see the little guy and this cutie... ...and I think, maybe I pegged you wrong." He places two drinks in front of them as Din asks , "Who are you?" "I'm Cobb Vanth, Marshal of Mos Pelgo." "Where did you get the armor?" "Bought it off some Jawas." "Hand it over." Cobb puts down his drink, "Look, pal, I'm sure you call the shots where you come from, but 'round here, I'm the one tells folks what to do."

Mando tries to take a step forward as Althea stops him from doing so as he says, "Take it off. Or I will." "We gonna do this in front 'o the kid and cutie?" "They seen worse and don't call her cutie." "Right here, then?" "Right here." Cobb sighs as he stands up as they stare at one another as she was in the way. She then senses something big coming straight at them as she says, "Stop! Something is coming our way." They look at her as suddenly the building starts shaking as Cobb looks at her amazed and then excuses himself and goes takes a look outside. The baby comes over to her as he tugs her pants a bit making her picking him up as Mando grabbed her and lead her outside by his side.

They watch as something big was moving into the town underground. They watch as it pasts them and then a few seconds later it jumps and eats a Bantha and goes back underground. As it disappears Cobb then says, "Maybe we can work something out." He walks away as Althea looks up at Mando, "Let's listen what he was to say." He looks at her and nods as they follow Cobb as they walk around the small city as Cobb says, "That creature's been terrorizing these parts since long before Mos Pelgo was established. Thanks to this armor, I've been able to protect this town from bandits and Sand People. They look to me to protect 'em. But the krayt dragon is too much for me to take in alone." They all stop as Cobb turns to them, "Help me kill it, I'll give you the armor."

Mando looks at Althea as she nods her head at him as he looks back at him, "Deal. I'll ride back to the ship blow it out of the sand from the sky, use the bantha as bait." "Not so simple." Althea sighs and nod, "If the ship passes above, it will sense the vibrations, which would make it stay underground." Cobb then says, "Cute and smart, I like that. But I know where it lives." Mando glares at him but continues to ask, "How far?" "Not far." Mando looks down at her and the baby, "You both should stay here as I go deal with it." She shakes her head, "Sorry Mando but we are coming with you two on this one." He sighs and nods as Cobb says, "You could ride with me if you would like." Din had enough of his flirting as his jealousy couldn't be contained any longer. He wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her close glaring at Cobb and says, "She's staying with me."

Althea looks at him wide eyes as Cobb raises his hands in the air, "Hey, if I knew you two were together already I wouldn't tried." "Yeah, she's already taken." Althea looked at him wide eyes and blushed as they watch him walk away. She then says when Cobb was far away from hearing distance, "You took me?" Mando looks down at her blushing furiously but tried to stay calm and look cool, "When I took your first kiss you became mine." He watches as turns a bit pink making him smirk as she then says, "If you really want to make sure I'm yours then you need to do something more than a kiss to let others know what's yours." She walks away with the baby to the speeder as Mando watches her walk with wide eyes.

"Is... Is she saying what I think she's saying?... Dank Ferric... I would, if only we weren't here and back on the ship."

He quickly gets out of his thoughts and made his way to the two that were waiting for him.