Chapter 19

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

The group decided to go back to the town. They finally arrived as they slowed down and parked right in front of the bar as Cobb says, "They attacked us less than a year ago. Killed half a dozen of us by the mining camp. I'd say I took down about twice as many Tuskens." Althea then speaks behind from Mando, "I could sense that the town highly respects you, so they will listen and reason with you." "I wouldn't be so sure." "We shall see." They get off as she picks up the baby and holds him as they walk inside the bar behind Cobb with the whole village sitting down waiting for them.

Cobb goes up in front of the people as Mando and Althea stays besides him. Cobb then begins to speak, "This here is a Mandalorian. You know what that means?" The bartender then speaks, "We've heard stories." "Then you know how good they are at killing. And the lady next to him is a Jedi. She is the real deal from the stories we have also heard." He then points back to Mando, "Now, this one's got a problem. I got a suit o' salvaged armor and the Mandalorian creed says it's his to take." People start murmuring as Cobb continues, "But I've got a problem, too. A krayt dragon has been peeling off our pack animals, and sometimes, taking our mining haul with it. It's just a matter of time before it grows tired of banthas and goes after a couple of you townsfolk, or even, so help us, the school." 

People start chattering as he keeps on talking, "As much as I've grown fond of the armor, I'm even more fond of this town. The Mandalorian and Jedi are willing to help is slay the leviathan in exchange for returning the armor it it's ancestral owners." The bartender then says, "Well, that settles it." "There's more. We can't take on the krayt alone. And the Sand People are willing to help." Everyone starts groaning and arguing as one says, "They raid our mines!" "They're monsters!" Althea stays silent closing her eyes waiting for the people to calm down as Mando speaks, "I've seen the size of that thing, it will swallow your entire town when the fancy hits it. You're lucky Mos Pelgo isn't a sand field already." 

Althea then speaks, "I know these people, I lived with them for almost two years. They may seem brutal, but they care for their people deeply. They've survived for thousands of years in these sands and they know the krayt dragon better than anyone here. It may be true that they are raiders, but they are people who keep their word and promises for centuries." Mando nods and adds, "We have struck a deal. If we are willing to leave them the carcass and its ichor they will stand by our side in battle and vow never to raise a blaster against this town, until one of you breaks the peace." Everyone nods in agreement accepting this proposal.

Everyone is outside getting things prepared as Cobb leads us to their weaponry room. We get there as they open it up seeing all their explosives. Cobb then asks, "Think it'll work?" Mando then says, "It better. Joining forces is their only hope." Cobb then looks at Althea, "Can't you just use that Jedi trick and squash it to death." Althea and Mando looked at him not amused. She then says, "The force is not a power you have. It's not about lifting rocks or squishing creatures. It's the energy between all living things, a tension, a balance, that binds the universe together." "So that means that you can't do it." Althea just sighs, "The Tuskens are here." She leaves out first with Mando and Cobb behind her. They get out seeing that they did just arrive. The people are watching them come feeling uneasy about them helping as Althea just smiles as they get to them and goes over to them and start greeting them and telling them what they are going to be doing and what they need help on that moment.

The Tuskens start helping with transporting the explosives onto the Banthas as they accidently drop one of them. Althea say this and was able to stop it from touching the ground as the people looked amazed at the sight. She carefully places it with the rest as the man yells at the Tusken, "Hey! What are you doin'? That's an explosive. Are you trying to blow the whole place up?" The two start arguing as Cobb steps between the two as he goes up to the man, "Take it easy. It was an accident, okay?" "What do you want to do?" "It was an accident. Plus didn't you see that the Jedi lady stopped it before it caused any problems." He nods as everyone starts getting back to work. Cobb goes back over to the two, "It's gonna be great." Althea smiles and nods.