Chapter 27

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

Mayfeld is working in a junk yard with other prisoners as a law enforcement droid comes over to him. "Inmate three-four-six-six-seven. Inmate three-four-six-six-seven." He groans, "What? What?" Inmate three-four-six-six-seven, descend and receive new instructions." He sighs and gets down, "Can't you see I'm busy?" "Inmate three-four-six-six-seven, please salute Marshal Dune." Cara comes over to them, "I remand prisoner number three-four-six-six-seven to my custody." "Affirmative. Inmate three-four-six-six-seven, please follow Marshal Dune to transport." Cara starts walking away as Mayfeld was confused but still followed, "Somebody gonna tell me what's going on?" Cara looked at him, "Let's go! I've got a job for you." His ankle bracelet is disabled as the droid says, "Inmate three-four-six-six-seven, please follow Marshal Dune." "Wait, where is she takin' me?" "Inmate three-four-six-six-seven, you have three seconds to comply with your new directive." "Okay! All right, all right." 

He quickly follows behind her, "Hey! You gonna tell me where your takin' me?" Cara doesn't say anything and keeps on walking. "Hello? I mean, it's a common courtesy, a common courtesy to tell somebody where it is that you're takin' 'em. I don't think that's so hard to ask, do you?" He is then lead to Fetts ship as Fett and Fennec walks out first. Mayfeld freezes seeing Fett. "Oh. You know, for a second, I thought you were this other guy." Just as he said that Din comes out of the ship as Mayfeld freezes again. Din goes up to him, "Mayfeld." "Hey, Mando. Long time. What, you came here to kill me?" Cara then speaks, "All you need to know is I bent a lot of rules to bring you along." "Why am I so lucky?" "Because you're Imperial." "Hey, that was a long time ago, all right?" "You still know your Imperial clearances and protocols, don't you?" Mayfeld sighs as the group start walking back inside the ship with Mayfeld following behind.

They start flying off the planet as Din sits across from Mayfeld. "We need coordinates for Moff Gideon's cruiser." "Moff Gideon? Yeah, forget it. Just take me back to the scrapyard. I'm not doin' that." Cara then speaks, "They have his girl." Mayfeld looks at Din, "The hot Jedi chick?" "Yeah, 'The hot Jedi chick." Din has Altheas promise ring around his neck with his as he holds on to it for a second as Mayfeld asks, "And the little green guy?" Cara then speaks, "He's safe inside the ship asleep." "So... I help you guys get her back, you guys let me go?" "That's not how this works." "Well, then what's in it for me?" "You get a better view." "All right, but here's the thing. I can't get those coordinates unless I have access to an international Imperial terminal." Din looks at him as he continues, "I believe there's one on Morak." Din asks, "Morak? There's nothing on Morak." "It's a secret Imperial mining hub, okay? If you can get me in there, I can get you the coordinates."

Din turns to the intercom, "Fett, punch in the coordinates to Morak." "Copy that." So they then fly off to Morak. A few hours later they all were standing up figuring out a plan as Fett says, "I did an initial scan of the planet. This is what you're talking about, right?" He shows a certain spot on the planet map as Mayfeld nods, "Yeah, that's the refinery right there." Fennec adds, "Wonder what they're refining in there." Fett answers, "Looks like rhydonium. Highly volatile and explosive." Mayfeld nods. "Yeah, kinda like this one, huh." He chuckles by himself as Fett just continued, "They have anti-aircraft cannons protecting it." Fennec adds, "And a platoon of security forces." Din then speaks, "So we go in quiet. Let's go get a closer look."

The group finally made it to the planet and landed in a secluded and isolated area. They get out and look at a truck coming bye on the road from the bottom as Mayfeld says, "I'm not gonna need long inside, so once I get the coordinates, you guys gotta get me the hell out of there." Fett then says, "You get to the roof. I'll drop in and pull you out." Cara nods, "All right. Mayfeld and I will swap out for the drivers in the tunnel." Mafeld then says, "As much as I'd like to take a road trip with Rebel-dropper here, that's not gonna work." "Oh, yeah? Why's that?" "Well, because these Remnant bases are set up and run by ex-ISB. If you get scanned and your genetic signature shows up on any New Republic register, you're gonna be detected, and it's guns out." "You sure do know a lot about Imperial Remnants." "If you wanna accuse me of something, then just say it." Din then speaks, "We don't have time. Fennec will go." "No, I'm wanted by the ISB. I'll trip the alarm, too." "Fett?" "Let's just say they might recognize my face."