Chapter 10

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular text

-No One POV-

It was the next morning, and everyone was cleaning up the aftermath happily that they would finally have some peace in their village. Al was keeping an eye on Grogu as she watches him with other children hiding behind a small bush watching a frog. He then pounces on the frog catching it. He shows her his success as she nods with a smile as they all watch as he starts to eat the frog. All the kids start saying, "Ew!" as Grogu was confused and released the frog from his mouth. The kids and Al start laughing a bit after.

In the distance Mando is standing leaning on the barn wall outside as Cara was sitting as they both watch Al and the kids. Omera comes out of the room and hands Cara a drink as she turns to Mando and asks, "Can I set you something in the house?" "Uh, thank you. Maybe later." Then they both look at the Al and Grogu playing with one another as she says, "They are very happy here." Mando looks a bit longer at them, "They are." "Fits right in." Mando watches Omera leave thinking about what she said.

"Is she right? They do look happy being here, and it is safe and secluded. No one will find them here."

Cara then speaks, "So what happens if you take that thing off? They come after you and kill you?" She refers to his helmet as he says, "No. You just can't even put it back on again." "That's it? So you can slip off the helmet, and settle down with that beautiful young wise gal you got traveling with you and raise your kid sitting here, sipping spotchka?" Mando looks at her as she just shrugs. He then says, "You know we raised some hell here a few weeks back. It's too much action for a backwater town like this. Words travel fast. We might wanna cycle the charts and move on." "Would not wanna be the one who's gotta tell them." 

They watch as Grogu was playing with the kids and Al was sitting looking at the sky as Mando took a deep breath not liking what he was going to say and do. "I'm leaving them here... Traveling with me, that's no life for them. I did my job, they're safe. Better chance at a life." They watch as Al turns to them and waves at them with a smile as they wave back as Cara says, "It's gonna break their hearts." "They will get over it. We all do." They watch as Al comes over to them. "Hello, could you keep an eye on the child." 

Cara nods as Mando asks, "Where are you going?" "I am going to take a walk in the forest a bit." "What? Why can't you walk around the village were people can see you?" Al chuckles and put a hand on Mando's chest looking up at him. "I understand that your worried. But I will be okay. Sometimes in every walk with nature one receives for more than they seek." Mando watches her as her hand leaves his chest leaving a warmth behind as she starts walking into the forest. He stands up straight to follow her as Cara puts her hand up, "She will be fine Mando." "But..." "It's okay, if any thing happens she would come straight for us." He thinks about it and nods.

-Althea POV-

I am walking through the forest where it's far enough for no one to see me but still close enough to the village. I look at my surroundings and take a deep breath in as I take out my lightsaber and turn it on. I look at it and for a bit as I get into my Form I stance and start practicing it. I just stay concentrated on the force letting it guide me all the way. I finish the form as I breath out. I then get into my Form II stance about to start as I feel a presence nearby. I quickly turn my lightsaber off and look around for a bit. I then hear a shot and use the force to stop it. I turn around as I see that the laser bolt a few inches away from my face. I move my head away from the bolt as I release it and it hits the tree behind me. I look seeing a man aiming he snipper blaster at me as he shoots another shoot at me. I was about to stop it as I sense someone familiar behind the hunter. Because of that I was a bit distracted as I was able to dog it in time as it grazed my neck harshly as I drop to the ground a bit in pain holding my neck.