Chapter 21

"Talking"-

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

A few hours later the arm starts to beep indicating that there was something going on. Both Mando and Althea get up as Mando leaves first to go check it out as she puts on a shirt and follows behind. She makes sure that the baby is asleep and climbs up with Din. As she gets up to the control room she sees Din answering a call as someone says, "Razor Crest, M-One-Eleven. Come in, Razor Crest. Do you copy?" She looks to the sides seeing two X-Wings, each side of the Crest. Din answers, "This is Razor Crest. Is there a problem?" "We noticed your transponder is not emitting." "Yes, I'm pre-Empire surplus. I'm not required to run a beacon." "That was before. This sector is under New Republic jurisdiction. All craft are required to run a beacon." "Thank you for letting me know. I'll get right on it." "Not a problem. Safe travels." 

Althea then whispers to him something as he goes with it. "May the Force be with you." "And also with you... Just one more thing?" "Yes?" "I'm gonna need you to send us a ping. We're out here sweeping for Imperial holdouts." "I'll let you know if I see any." "I'm still gonna need you to send us that ping." "Well, I'm not sure I have that hardware online." "We can wait." Althea looks at Mando questionable as he then says, "Yeah, I... Doesn't seem to be working." He sees her questionably look as she shrugs at her as the man says, "That's too bad. If we can't confirm you're not Imperial, your gonna have to follow us to the outpost at Adelphi. They'll run your tabs." Althea was about to say something as Din stops her and then says, "Oh. wait. There it is. Transmitting now." 

They then hear the frog lady gasp. They turn to her as Mando says to her, "Be quiet!" The man then asks, "What's that?" Althea then speaks before Mando could say anything, "I am sorry Mr..." "Carson." "Yes Mr. Carson, I was just coming up and bumped into something." "Oh, no worries." "Thank you." Din then says, "The hypervac is drawing off the exhaust manifold." Another man then speaks, "Carson, can you switch over to channel two?" "Copy." The two X-wings wher talking as Althea looks over to Din, "Your terrible at coming up with excuses, you know that." He sighs as he was about to say something back as they then see the X-wings going into defense mode as Carson asks, "Was your craft in the proximity of New Republic Correctional Transport Bothan-five?" Althea was about to speak as Din gives no warning flying off fast causing her to fall back onto the ground.

The two X-Wings start chasing them as they entered a planet. Mando was racing as Althea was bringing herself up as Carson says, "Razor Crest, stand down. We will fire, I repeat, we will fire. Mando makes a sharp left casing Althea to stumble down again to the right. The other man then speaks, "I don't know where he thinks he's going into that thing. Mando then goes down rapidly as Althea holds onto the seat before she goes back. They could hear Carson say, "That thing's gonna break apart in this atmosphere. Mando completely turns around and stops as Athea was able to sit still for a moment. She then sees Din turning off the engine as the ship starts falling down. She yelps as she was not strapped down, she makes sure to hold onto the seat as the ships flips over and her body was in the air. The frog lady screams as Mando waits then turns the ship back on as he flies down to an ice raven which causes Althea to harshly land onto the ground as she groans a bit. 

She then slowly gets up and balances herself with Din's seat as Carson then says, "Come on, Razor Crest, don't make us do it." The group encounters a tight spot as Mando makes another harsh turn causing it to hit the ice mountain making Althea stumble a bit. They were in a tough spot as Mando finally decides to warn them, "Hold on." Althea wasn't fully prepared as she was about to say something as the left wing hits the ice wall, then hit the ground as it skids across the ice. It makes a turn as it goes off a small ledge as the Crest jumps and lands back onto the ice. Althea completely falls back on the ground as the ship finally comes to a complete stop. They all breath heavily as Carson says to his partner, "I've lost visual. He's got to be around here somewhere. You head north. We'll cover more ground." Mando then turns off the intercom and turns to the two about to ask if they were okay as the ice under the ship starts to crumble. They all freeze as the two ladies look at each other. The ice crumbles completely under the ship making it fall causing the frog lady to scream and Mando to grunt. Althea yelps as she was thrown back into the air and hits the roof of the ship. The ship lands harshly onto the ground as Althea was also harshly hit into the ground. This caused everyone to knock out.