Chapter 12

"Talking"

"Thought"

Regular Text

-No One POV-

Everyone is around a table looking at the projection as Mayfeld speaks, "So, the package is being moved on a fortified transport ship. Now, we got a limited window to board, find our friend, get him out of there before they make their jump." Al then cuts in not calm but Mando could see that she isn't happy about it, "That's a New Republic prison ship. Your man wasn't taken by a rival syndicate. He was arrested." Mayfeld smiles and leans on the table a bit, "So what?". Ran adds, "A job is a job." Mando then adds, "That's a max security transport and we're not looking for that kind heat." "Well, neither are we. So just don't mess up." Xi'an then adds, "The good news for you is that ship is manned by droids. Still hate the machines, Mando?" 

Zero then comes into view, "Despite recent modifications, the ship is still quite a mess. The power lines are leaking the navigation is intermittent, and the hyperdrive is only operating at 67.3% efficiency. We have much better ships. Why are we using this one?" Ran then answers, "Cause the Razor Crest is off the old Imperial and the New Republic grid. It's a ghost." Mayfeld add, "Yeah, and we need a ship that can get close enough to jam New Republic code. So, when we drop out of hyperspace here, if we immediately bank into this kinda attitude, we should be right in their blind spot, which will give us just enough time for your ship to scramble our signal." 

Mando then says, "It's not possible. Even for the Crest." Ran adds, "That's why he's flyin'." Referring to Zero. "Mando, I know you're a pretty good pilot, but we need you on the trigger. Not on the wheel." Zero then speaks, "Don't worry, Mandalorian. My response time is quicker than organics. And I'm smarter, too." Ran pats Zero away, "All right. I- Yeah. That's good." He then looks at Mando, "Forgive the programming. He's a little rough around the edges. But he is the best." Al then says, "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.". They look at her as Mando smirks at her comeback as he then says, "How can you trust it?" 

Ran then says, "You know me, Mando. I don't trust anybody. Just like the good old days, Mando. Huh?" They entered the ship and Mando closes it. The ships start leaving to their destination. Just as Mando was about to go up to the control room Al stops him. She tip toes as he leans down a bit as she whispers, "Don't let your guard down no matter what, there something else that's going on that they haven't told us." He looks down at her and nods as they go sperate ways in the ship.

Xi'an was sitting balancing her knife on her finger as Burg was pacing back and forth in the bottom of the ship as she then says in irritation, "Will you sit down?" He grunts and bangs the wall as she hisses back at him. Al was standing close by where Grogu was hiding as she has her eyes close talking to him through the force.

"Grogu, are you okay in there?"

"Yes, mama. When could I come out?"

"Soon. But there are some guest here that can't be trusted. So please stay quiet for me, all right?"

"Okay, mama."

Al smiles a bit as Xi'an thought it was a good idea to scare her a bit as she says, "You shouldn't be sleeping during a job, or you could get hurt." She throws her knife at Al. All didn't open her eyes as she used the force to view things around her as she lifted up her hand and caught the knife that was aimed at her face with two fingers. Al finally opened her eyes and calmly looked at it as the others were amazed at her skills. Al then says, "I am not sure if someone taught you this lesson, but I will give you some advice... You shouldn't play with knifes; you don't know who could get hurt." Al stands back up from leaning from the wall and walks over to Xi'an and places the knife back on her hand and walks over to Mando who just got down the ladder over to them. Everyone else but Xi'an was laughing at her as she threw dagger eyes at Al.