Babies

It was a week after they got engaged and they were both lying in Rorys bed cuddled up to each other.

"Amy?"

"Yeah?" She looked at him.

"You know when we split up and you said that we could have as many children as I wanted if we ever got back together"

"I don't really remember saying that but go on"

"Well we're not exactly getting any younger, I mean we'll both be 28 next year, I was just wondering if and when you wanted children"

"I'm not really sure, I haven't really thought about it, I mean I want children, but I don't think I'm ready for it yet."

"But you already had one"

She sat up and looked at him, "don't you dare, that was the hardest decision I ever had to make"

"You're right, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, let's just forget about children for now, focus on getting married"

She sighed and teared up slightly, "I need some air". She grabbed her coat and went outside.

Rory came out a couple of minutes later and found her sat on the front door step so he sat down next to her, "Im really sorry if I upset you, Amy".

"Not a day goes past when I don't think about him, and it makes me wonder if I made a mistake when I put him up for adoption, he's our son, and I abandoned him Rory".

"Amy, you didn't abandon him, he's out there somewhere, with a family that loves him, it must have been so hard for you and I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you. I really am. Amy listen, I'm ready to have children, with the person that I love more than anything, but only when she's ready, I'm not going to pressure you into anything, I promise".

She took hold of his hand and kissed him gently, "you really are amazing".

He smiled, "I try my best".

"No I mean it, let's start trying".

He looked at her, "I want you to be really sure about this, don't feel like I'm pressuring you into this".

"There's no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with, I really mean it Rory, I want to have children with you". She smiled and kissed him passionately, standing up and leading him inside.