Valentines Day

It was Valentine's Day and Rory had suggested instead of getting presents for each other they just write love letters to each other, which Amy had loved writing.

They had flipped a coin to see who read the one they had wrote first and Rory had won.

He smiled as he unfolded the letter, taking hold of Amy's hand. "Amy, from day one I knew you were the one I was meant to spend my life with, I feel so lucky to have someone as amazing as you in my life. Through all of our ups and downs you have stood by me no matter what and I can't even begin to thank you enough. Waking up next to you everyday is a blessing and it makes me fall in love with you all over again every single time, you are the kindest, funniest, most beautiful person I have ever met, a wonderful wife and mother. You are my best friend, my soulmate, my everything, and I love you so much. All my love forever, Rory".

He looked up from the letter at Amy who was wiping tears away from her eyes, "that was beautiful Rory" she stood up and sat on his lap hugging him, "thank you".

"I meant every word" he kissed her cheek, "do you want to read yours?"

"Yeah sure" she took the letter out of her pocket and opened it, resting her head gently against Rory's, rubbing his back. "Rory, if I wrote down everything I love about you I'd be here for an eternity, you are so far beyond the most perfect man I have ever met. All the stars in the sky add up to fewer than the reasons I love you do. You are always there for me whenever I need you, and I am forever grateful. If I had to choose between breathing and loving you, I would use my last breath to tell you that I love you. You make me feel so happy, loved and cared for. I'm yours until the end of time. I love you, Rory, I always will. Forever yours, Amy".

"That was amazing Amy, I love you so much".

"I love you too" she smiled at him and took hold of his hand, "I'm glad you thought of this idea"

"Me too" he smiled back and kissed her for a few seconds.

Amy wrapped her arms around him and smiled against his lips, "you take my breath away". She stood up and held her hand out to him, Rory taking it as he stood up, following her as she walked upstairs to the bedroom.