Chapter 6

NILAGAY NI Mirrow sa kama niya ang biniling painting mula sa Illinois saka mabilis iyong tinanggalan ng balot.

He then took the necklace he keep inside a safe-- inside his dressing room -- and brought it to his bed to see the resemblance of it with the one painted on the canvas.

Mirrow pursed his lips as he could see it looked basically the same. The colour and design.

Napailing siya saka nahiga sa kama. He asked Savannah to look into the profile of the painter but she is a typical citizen in Illinois. A young painter who sells her work to earn money. No connection to a wealthy family which he believes his missing sweetheart belongs.

Maybe it's really just a coincidence. A fucking awesome, unthinkable coincidence.

Itinaas ni Mirrow ang kamay na may hawak na kuwintas at tinitigan iyon. It's been almost three years and the beauty and memories the necklace holds are still there. Apparent and nostalgic.

"You're so bad sweetheart for leaving your necklace for me to keep but you bring my heart with you..." Mirrow whispered then sat.

Binitawan niya ang kuwintas saka kinuha mula sa suot na pantalon ang cellphone niya para tawagan ang isa sa sampo niyang kapatid, si Kronack.

"Damn it, Mir! It's already late!" Kronack grumbled when he answered his call, voice hoarse.

Obviously, he disturbed his brother's sleep.

Well, it is late. But he wants to know if he finds something.

"I just called to ask if you found something about my woman?" Mirrow asked, veering around the painting so he could stare at the painted woman in the canvas.

"Fuck you, Mir! You could have waited until the morning and not fucking disturb me!" Angil ng kapatid niya.

"Can't wait," he replied, uncaring about his brother's whines.

Ang importante sa kanya ay malaman niya kung may nahanap na ba ang mga ito.

Muli itong umungol ng mura bago niya narinig ang ingay mula sa kama saka ilang sandali lang ay ang pagbukas ng pintuan. Mukhang tumayo ang kapatid niya.

"I have nothing, okay? So does the rest," anito. Referring to the rest of the IT and hackers they have in the organization.

Mirrow sighed as he once again felt defeated and disappointed.

"Come on, brother, give it up already. It's been almost three years. When are you gonna stop looking for her?" Kronack asked.

"Don't tell me that, Kron. I am the reason why she was dragged to that scandal and I can not sit here and forget about her when she could be somewhere suffering because of it." Mirrow sighed, brushing his palm on his face. "Besides, how could I stop when she took something from me."

Narinig niya ang pagbuga ng hangin ng kapatid niya.

"Mir, she could be already married or worse..." Kronack trailed. "Dead. You know some couldn't hold their footing when such scandalous video surfaced and was seen by their families and colleagues." Bumuntong-hininga ito. "I'm sure your woman comes from a wealthy family. Scandal is a big deal for most of the rich."

"Are you telling me she could have committed suicide?" Mirrow clenched his jaw. "I don't think she is that weak. That woman is innocent in many ways but I see her strength. She will not be taken down just because of the sex scandal that hasn't been seen by millions," he said but deep down there is doubt.

But he prays that Silence has an understanding and supportive family just like his. If that would be the case, she will surely move on just fine.

"Well, brother, I'm just telling you what I think. But you see, we've been searching for her for years now. You have already travelled the world and attended many parties with elites and the richest of all, but have you seen her? We even hacked through different databases of wealthy families but nothing. There is no such name as Silence."