Chapter 27

"GO BACK TO my condo soon, Silence. This island is safe but we don't guarantee that everyone that enters the island are good people," anang kapatid niya ng nilapag niya ang pinggan sa harapan nito.

Silence smiled and sat beside her brother. "I will soon. I'll just have to talk about it with Mir." Bumuntong-hininga siya saka tumitig sa kapatid. "Can I..." she trailed. "Can I tell him about our connection?"

Natigil sa paglalagay ng fried rice ang kapatid niya sa plato nito at tumingin sa kanya.

"As long as you make him promise that nobody will know that you are my sister," saad nito at nagbawi ng tingin matapos magbuga ng hangin.

Silence's hold on her fork tightened. "Hanggang kailan..." Napayuko siya at malungkot na nagtanong. "Hanggang kailan ako magtatago, kuya?"

"Until we knew that your father is no longer alive," kuya Tyrone coldly replied.

"But..." She swallowed. "He hasn't tried to take me over the years, why—"

"Because we keep you away from him and he doesn't want to take you either.” Putol nito saka nagbuga ng hangin. "For now," he added.

Nakita niya ang pagkuyom ng kamay ng kapatid niya.

"Your father is a dangerous man, Silence." Hinawakan ng kapatid niya ang kamay niya at seryoso siyang tinignan. "He might not have tried to take you over the past years but if his enemies are to know you are his daughter, they will target you. You being hit by the car was in no way an accident. It was deliberate to kill you. Not everyone who knows that you are his daughter believes that you are dead." Humigpit ang hawak ng kapatid niya sa kamay niya.

"You are his only heir to his wealth, Silence. Wealth that exceeds the wealth that we have. He is more powerful than our family and doesn't have boundaries or laws that stop him. And as he reaches that success in life, he gained enemies that is willing to target anybody that will make him crumble."

"Why would his enemy target me when he didn't even try to take me? That only means he didn't make me his heir..." she whispered.

"Mom said he has bequeathed you half of his wealth."

Umawang ang labi ni Silence at hindi makapaniwalang tumingin sa kapatid niya.

"Y-You... Kidding?"

Her brother shook his head and let go of her hand to eat.

"How did Mom know about it?"

Humugot ng malalim na hininga ang kapatid niya. "There is a reason why our grandparents loathe you, Silence," anito na ang tinutukoy ang mga magulang ng Daddy nila.

"What?"

"Your father almost made the TyQue company disappear from the business. It almost got bankrupt." Kuya Tyrone sighed. "Not only that, he almost ruined Dad's political career and the worst thing he did was kidnapped Granny. Your father made clear to Mom that he will be watching us. He calls them from time to time to ask about you. He didn't demand your presence but he made sure that he will be in some way connected to you. So yeah... Mom and Dad have talked to him a few times because if they don't, your father will raise hell to our family."

Napakurap siya sa narinig. "Why... Why did Mom keep me then? She could have just given me up so Jorquera will have peace."

"Are you fucking kidding?!" Her brother hissed. "Mom may not be always at your side but she loves you so do we. Even Dad loves you even though you are the living proof of the past that almost ruined our family. We can not just give you up to a man that doesn't know how it is to have a family. And he is fucking living a dangerous life. You will just die young because of him!"