Chapter 11

NAPATAYO SI Silence mula sa sofa nang malakas na sinara ng kuya niya ang pintuan pagkapasok nito ng condo. Nakasunod dito ang kapatid niyang si Tyrine na mataray na nakatingin sa kanya.

"When are you going to get out of this fucking condo Silence?!" Her brother yelled.

Blinking her eyes, Silence replied, "I was out just this morning--"

"Don't fucking play with me!" Tyrone cut her off angrily while glaring at her. "You just stepped outside that damn door to receive your order! You haven't used the car you left in the road because you damn didn't know you need to refill it!"

Ate Tyrine burst out laughing.

Silence bit the back of her cheek from embarrassment.

Yeah, she never thought she has to buy gasoline and she blamed the poor car for her ignorance.

"And it's been fucking weeks!" Kuya Tyrone yelled again.

Napakamot ng batok si Silence at hindi makuhang makapagsalita. Mahirap sumagot pagganito ang kapatid niya. Galit.

"Tyrone, don't raise your tone at her. That doesn't work with Silence, you know that," ate Tyrine spoke, sitting on the coffee table crossing her legs while eyeing her with discontent.

Silence blows a loud breath. "Do I really have to go outside? What am I going to do there?"

"You look for a job! So you will have to go outside five days a week!" Her brother snapped and took her sling bag that was on the sofa. "I only told you to stay away from Mir but I didn't want you to live a life the same one you had in Illinois!"

Naglapat ang labi ni Silence sa narinig at hinayaan ang kapatid niyang halungkatin ang bag niya kahit na nag-aalala siya sa kung ano ang gusto nitong hanapin mula roon.

"I'm taking this from you," kuya Tyrone said, showing her the two cards from him and Jinky Elle.

No...

Pinigilan ni Silence ang pag-awang ng bibig at pagsalita.

"Get out and earn your own money," saad nito saka lumabas ng condo. Slamming the door close.

Bumagsak ang balikat niya sa kaalaman na wala siyang pera maliban sa cash na meron siya sa wallet niya.

But...

I still have many pieces of jewelry!

"You see, told ya, don't anger Tyrone and you'll end up broke. Told ya to go out and spend time outside. Brother will be more than happy to see you wasting money and wandering around than you isolating," ate Tyrine mumbled. "Yet again," she added, sighing.

"But I'm busy painting," Silence reasoned out, taking a seat with a flounce.

"Oh, sister," Tyrine shook her head, displeased. "Why paint when you don't sell it? See, your painting is stuck in your room because you're not showing it to anybody. Who are you waiting to sell it? You're friend, L? That friend of yours is busy. Tsk." Umiling-iling ang kapatid niya.

"And no one will pay your painting in thousands even if it's beautiful. Art is about history and fame. And." Ngumiwi ang kapatid niya. "You and your art are none of the two."

Bumuntong-hininga siya. "What if Mirrow sees me?" tanong niya at binalewa ang mga sinabi ng kapatid niya.

She knows about that in art and she cares less about how much her paintings are worth as long as she enjoys painting. That's what matters to her.

Besides, who's ate Tyrine kidding? Mirrow and his friends bought her art for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Natigilan ang kapatid niya saka tumitig sa kanya.