Chapter 37

DROPPING HIS duffel bag, Mirrow listens to the silence of his house.

Hearing nothing, he called, "Sweetheart!"

Nothing.

Nagbuga siya ng hangin saka isa-isang binuksan ang butones ng suot na polo habang patungo sa sliding doors papunta sa likod ng bahay niya.

Silence informed him this morning before he goes to work that she will be painting the leopards that are living in the sanctuary he has that stretches to about three miles wide and seven miles in length. Its borders are connected to his neighbors that are his friends. They too look after the wild animal that was abandoned in an illegal animal breeding sanctuary somewhere in central Asia.

And he was not wrong. Silence was still busy painting while three leopard was laid down at the back of the thick glass fence.

Mirrow frowned while looking at Silence wearing loose sweatpants and long sleeves shirt from him. Pansin niyang kahapon pa ito balot ng pinuntahan niya ito sa condo ni Luc. Which is weird when she's a mid-thigh length dress lover. Tinulungan niya ito kahapon sa pag-aayos ng damit nito at bilang lang ang pantalon nito samantalang ang dami nitong bistida.

Tahimik niya sana itong lapitan pero lumingon ito ng tignan siya ng tatlong leopard na tumayo at nag-ingay ng makita siya.

"Oh, hey Mir!" Silence greeted, smiling.

He didn't respond as he takes a slow step toward her, eyes staring at her face reading the emotions that flickered in her eyes and whole face. And there's no doubt, Silence is not being herself since yesterday.

Her eyes are not as jolly as he memorizes and her smile is not as spirited. It's not the smile he loves to stare at but that doesn't mean he loves her less. But it bothers him so much.

Bumuntong-hininga siya saka tumayo sa harapan nito habang nakapamulsa.

"Bakit Mir?" she asked keeping her smile that is not so lovely.

"Are you okay?" Seryoso niyang tanong habang patuloy na binabasa ang emosyon nito sa mga mata at mukha nito.

"Mm-hmm!" Mabilis itong tumango pero gumalaw ang mata nito para iwasan ang titig niya.

"Tell me that while staring at me." He demanded calmly and inhaled deeply.

"Mir, I'm fine. Maybe uncomfortable because of my monthly period," anito na nakatingin na sa kanya pero hindi diretso sa mata niya.

Blowing a loud breath in surrender, he didn't press more and pretended that he believes her. Lumapit siya sa tabi nito saka inabot ang kamay nito.

"Come here, I want my hug after a long day of work," he smiled.

"Aaahh... I want your hug too after a quiet day of painting!"

Cupping her face when she stood up, Mirrow kissed her softly before embracing her while pressing his lips on her forehead.

"I love you, sweetheart," he murmured, kissing her forehead a few times before resting his lips on top of her head.

Humigpit ang yakap nito sa kanya. "I love you too, Mir. Very much." Nagtaas ito ng mukha. "Let's go eat our dinner then I would love to watch a movie while snuggling."

"Anything for you," tugon niya saka sila sabay pumasok ng bahay nila.

Yup, their house. Not only his this time but theirs. Soon it would be officially certified with her name on his property and her surname Crown.

"Go change your clothes, Mir while I prepare the table." Utos nito.

"I'll help—"

"No." Matigas na putol nito