Chapter 42

SILENCE CRIED harder when Mir's friend took her back to the top of the ship and made her sit beside a container, hidden from anybody.

Natatakot siya sa kung anong pwedeng gawin ni Mir sa kanya. Not that she thinks he will hurt her physically but he could be thinking of just letting her go. Baka dahil sa sobrang pag-aalala at peligrong dinala niya sa buhay nito at sa sarili niya ay maisip nitong mainam ng maghiwalay sila.

The mere thought of it is daunting. It's making her fear the tomorrow. Hindi niya inaasahan na ganito ang magiging resulta ng plano niya kasama si L.

But how could she perceive that it will end up like this if she didn't know that L was planning something different from what they had discussed?

"Hey, I'm Ceive, don't cry you're safe."

Suminghot siya at nagtaas ng tingin at pilit na inaninag ang mukha ng kaibigan ni Mir. "I can't... I'm dreadful of the thought that Mir will break up with me because of what happened."

Bumuntong-hininga ito. "Why would he break up with you? Mir loves you so much."

"Because I put himself in danger so did his friends and brothers. I also lied and keep thing from him the second time around. He could have realized that I am too much of a burden, to handle, and hard-headed."

"That's crap. Mir would rather go through troubles, headaches, and problems with you than the other way around," anito habang umiiling.

Humikbi lang siya saka napalingon nang may marinig na ingay kasunod ang malamig na pagsasalita ng taong hindi niya inaasahan na malaki ang parte sa buhay niya.

"You know how I loathe people that try to stab me from my back Greg after all the trust I have given them..."

Old man...

"You have seen firsthand what happens to people that try to backstab me for money and power. Haven't you learned from it?"

Silence frowned then hurried to get on her feet and run only to get stopped by Mir's friend.

"Where are you going?!" Ceive hissed in a hushed voice.

"No! That was old man! I need to see him!" aniya sa mahinang boses at pilit na kumawala at tumakbo. But she didn't reveal herself and only peek behind the stack of containers.

With the help of the lamp around and from the moon she saw old man with five other men. One kneeling in front of him and surrounded by the rest men. The man on his knees looked beaten and his face is covered with blood. She couldn't even see what he looked like.

Silence squinted her eyes to get to know them then her mouth opened when she realized that the four other guys were looking alike and she saw their faces before. One in the TyQue jewelry boutique the other one in the book store. She just couldn't pinpoint who's who.

So these are the guys that old man was referring to, the quads.

"What the fuck are the quads doing?" Bulong ng kaibigan ni Mir na sumunod sa kanya.

But she was not able to respond when her mouth opened when old man lifted his gun. It's end aming at the man's forehead between his eyes.

"It was fine working with you for so many years, Greg," anito sa walang emosyong boses. "Say hello to your daughter Alida."

Before she could say anything and witness the killing, something pierced into her neck. Kasabay niyon ay tinakpan ang bibig niya para pigilan ang anomang ingay na pwede niyang gawin.

My apologies were the last words she heard before she was dragged off of her consciousness.

RESISTING THE urge to go after Silence and make her stop crying, Mirrow crouched and pulled the man's shoulder before choking him as he pinned him against the containers.