Chapter 34

MAINGAT NA inalis ni Silence ang pagkakayakap sa kanya ni Mir at walang ingay na bumaba ng kama. She doesn't want to bother his sleep. It was probably dawn when he comes to cuddle her.

She thought he'll be home at about ten but it seems like he didn't want to spend his time somewhere else without her. And that is not a man that would take her just for a fling.

His effort for her is not something someone could just brush off. That witch is just bitter that Mir didn't fall for her. Hmph!

Silence smiled and kissed his temple softly. "I love you, Mir..." she whispered before grabbing her silk robe to cover her nighties.

Pagkababa niya ay agad siyang napangiti ng makita ang kuya niya at si just L na mahimbing na natutulog sa convertible sofabed. With kuya cuddling Jinky Elle from behind.

Lumapit siya sa dalawa saka kinumutan ang mga ito dahil sa lamig ng buong sala. Hininaan niya na rin ang aircon. Ang hilig kasi ni L sa malamig tsk. Hindi nito alam na pagmasyadong nalamigan si kuya ay madali itong magkasakit. That's probably why kuya Tyrone loves living here in the Philippines 'cuz it's warm.

She then went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast while having a coffee. She made some fried egg and rice, bacon, sausage, and toast. And when she was done preparing the food she made coffee in the coffee machine.

She was waiting for the coffee to be ready when her brother walked into the kitchen while raking his hair with his hands. Trying it to fix up his head but it just fall back to his forehead.

"Morning..." he drawled and kiss her temple.

"Good morning, kuya," she greeted back but didn't lift her head. She was busy skimming through the pages of the book old man gave her.

"What's that?" kuya asked, looking at the book.

Silence shrugged. "Book for self-defence." Nagtaas siya ng tingin sa kapatid niya at ngumiti.

"Why do you have that?" Kunot ang noo na tanong nito saka tumingin sa kanya ng seryoso. "Is somebody bothering you or did you receive threats?"

"No." Sinarado niya ang libro. "I just got this from the old man I met a few times already and I didn't want to just put it aside without even reading it."

"Old man who?"

"His name is Darth." She sipped her coffee before adding, "I think he's the father of your friends. He called him Papá."

Brother sighed before nodding. "Don't just go around the place and have friends Silence. Okay?"

Tumango siya. "Where have you and Mir been kuya?"

Ilang sandali itong natigilan bago kumuha ng cup. "Looking for you father."

Her lips parted from the answer and she blinked, suddenly worried.

"W-Why are you looking for him?"

"He wants you."

Dread made her heart pound. Fast and loud.

"W-What do you mean he wants me? Like..." she trailed. "He wants me to be with him and help him with his business?"

"We don't know yet why he wants you now. He could have found a reason why. Probably marry you off to someone." Kuya shrugged.

"But I have Mir..." she muttered.

Nilingon siya ng kapatid. Seryoso ang mata nito saka tumingin sa libro.

"Maybe it would be good if Savannah train you how to fight more than just what you know. Your father doesn't care who is with you, Silence. He'll take you whenever he wants," anito saka nilagay ang cup sa coffee machine. "But don't bother yourself too much. We are doing our best to find him and put him in jail."