Chapter 17

NAALIMPUNGATAN si Mir nang marinig ang ingay mula sa cellphone niya.

Groaning, he slowly pulls out his phone to check what is it. But the moment he realizes what the alarm from his phone meant, Mirrow jumped from the sofa and quickly browse his phone.

Bumilis ang tibok ng puso niya ng makita ang distress alert na galing sa relo ni Silence.

"What the heck are you doing, sweetie?" he asked, his hand busy on working to track her location.

Tumayo siya at nagmamadaling tinungo ang elevator habang hinihintay na makuha ang lokasyon ni Silence.

And when he saw where she is, Mirrow cussed.

"Damn it! Why the fuck are you out of the Island?!"

Mirrow gritted his teeth from dismay. Dismay of the thought that the woman mayhap is on her way to get away from him again.

Damn it! They were fine when they parted ways!

Muli niyang tinignan kung ano na ang lagay sa distress signal ng pulso nito.

It's still through the roof.

Mirrow raked his hair as he felt really worried as to why her pulse is fast.

"Damn it, sweetheart..."

Pumikit siya at mahinang nanalangin na sana okay lang ang dalaga. Tumakbo siya palabas ng manor at agad na sumakay ng kotse niya at pinasibad iyon.

Mirrow went home and called his friend, Evanescent, while on his way. She's the transporter in his team and could handle and drive different kinds of vihicle. From cars to plane and ships.

"Mir, you'll gonna pay for my skincare if pimples started to pop up on my face because you dumb ass can't wait until the morning!" Evanescent shrieked. "I'm sleeping you dumb ass!"

"Whatever, just go to my house now! I have to check on someone! It's an emergency!"

Umungol ito sa inis. "Five minutes."

"Thanks—"

Toot. Toot. Toot.

Mirrow shook his head when his friend just drop the call.

Parking his car in fron of his garrage, Mirrow sprinted to get into his house and up to the rooftop where he has helipad and his chopper is.
Mabilis niya iyong binuksan at sumakay, while looking at his wristwatch counting the time.

Three seconds and Evanescent hopped in the chopper only in her nighties that made him upset.

Papagalitan niya sana ito ng sinamaan siya niya ng tingin.

"Don't even open your fucking mouth or I'm gonna crash this damn chopper and we both will die! You ruin my peaceful sleep!"

Inangat ni Mirrow ang dalawang kamay. "Okay— okay! Darn it! Just fly off."

Evanescent is really a lioness when her sleep is disturbed.

"Where to and why?" tanong nito nang nasa himpapawid na sila.

Binigay ni Mirrow ang lokasyon at napili nitong sa pinakamalapit na hotel na pagmamay-ari ng isang kaibigan nila magpark pero hindi niya sinagot kung bakit.

Tapos ay mabilis siyang tumawag sa isang tauhan ng pamilya niya na maghatid ng isang sa sasakyan sa Laventis hotel kung saan siya baba.
Mahigit isang oras ay dumating sila ng Manila.

"Thanks," Mir muttered.

"Can you handle it from here? You can drive a car, yeah?" sarkastiko nitong tanong. "I want to sleep but if your life is in the line, call me."