𝗅𝗈𝗌𝗌 | 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒈

𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 : druig x eternal! reader

𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 : druig and reader hide their relationship from the eternals

𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 : heartbreak

𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 : angst

𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚 : eternals

𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 : me & my husband; mitski

𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡 : hesmindcontroll

getting ready for a mission had become second nature

getting ready for a mission had become second nature. but now it was different, you snuck away from the group of eternals who were discussing strategies for this mission. you went to see your secret boyfriend, druig. neither of you wanted to worry the team about performances in missions so you decided to keep your relationship a secret. even with druigs protests, you knew it was the right thing to do. when the deviants were gone for good, that's when you would tell them. which this mission was supposed to be the last, this was the day you would tell everyone. the deviants were almost all gone, and your purpose as earth defenders would be gone as well.

finally walking up to druig, you checked to make sure no one else was around. you ran up to him and hugged him, to which he happily returned. "why hello beautiful." he smiled and greeted you, "hello my love." you grinned and kissed him. he set you down from the hug and grabbed your waist, making the kiss deeper. hearing kingos voice call out for you both, you pulled away from the kiss. "we will finish this after the mission dru." you said and walked off to which druig sighed.

at the final point before you split up, you smiled at druig. "see you soon." you smiled at him and he gave you a wink. you went with sersi, sprite, and gilgamesh. he went with kingo and ikaris. thena, ajak, makkari, and phastos were in the last group. you were in charge of getting people out of the way and with your power to teleport, it was easy. you teleported everyone out of the way of the deviants and brought them to the safe house. you wondered how druig was doing, with his job being the same as yours. you tried to stop your thoughts until you heard a scream. a family was pushed into a corner by a deviant who was about to stab them with its razor sharp tail. without another thought, you teleported to stand in the way of the human family. you grabbed the family and teleported to the gate of the safe house. you noticed a pain in your abdomen and looked down, an unfamiliar red liquid showing on your yellow suit. the pain surged through your entire body as you fell.

druigs group finished the mission fast with kingo and ikaris on the same team. druig was able to convince kingo and ikaris to go help out your group. they didn't suspect anything, much to his enjoyment. ikaris flew both of them to the battle and set them down. kingo and ikaris going straight into battle as druig looked for you. he saw the town almost deserted to which he smiled at. you did your job to perfection, as you always did. his smile quickly faded when he saw a figure laying on the ground, with a familiar yellow suit on that he wished he was hallucinating. he ran up to the figure as he saw your face turning paler by the second. your beautiful lips now had blood running down them. your hands that he loved to kiss were covered in the same red liquid. "no" his voice wavered as he fell onto his knees. "help! someone help!" he hoped with all of this heart that this was a cruel illusion done by sprite. the illusions that he hated so much he finally wished they were in front of him. he grabbed your hand hoping his hand would go straight through. much to his dislike, he was able to grab your hand. "d-druig." you muttered, coughing up more blood.

it was you. he hated that it was you. this was supposed to be your special day. this was the day both of you were waiting for. you were going to tell everyone today. "no-" he sobbed and leaned forward, putting his head on your chest. "i'm sorry-" you cried, "i just wanted to save them, as you did." you said. druig sat up to look into your eyes. that was the last feature he had left of you. the last feature that hadn't changed. your beautiful orbs looked up at him and your blood-covered lips smiled at him. "you did a great job beautiful." he let out through his sobs, "you saved them. you saved all of them." he tried to smile at you, but that just caused his salty tears to enter his mouth. you smiled back at him and looked back to the sky.

the eternals had finally defeated the deviants and had decided to find both of you. they ran to you after seeing your dying form laying on the ground. druig sobbed as your pale skin grew, and your eyes didn't have the hope and joy they usually did anymore. "no, no, please." he cried, no longer caring about his fellow eternals surrounding him anymore, "please, come back. come back to me please." he sobbed onto your chest, taking a deep breath of your usual floral scent. he remembered the day he got you that perfume. he smelled it in the local markets in babylon and thought of you. when he gave it to you there wasn't a day you didn't smell like it. he knew that you used the last of the bottle today. you had been begging him for a new bottle for a while.

gilgamesh walked by sadly and put his hands over your eyes, closing them gracefully. "no please, let me see them, one more time." he cried, "i just want to look at them one more time." he sobbed as sersi came to hug him, to try and calm him down. "no, no," he cried into sersis chest, hugging her back, the blood from his hands transferring to her suit. this was supposed to be the day. the day you told everyone.