𝗆𝖺𝖽 | 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒈

𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 : druig x eternal! reader

𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 : druigs long-term girlfriend gets diagnosed with mahd wy'ry and he chooses to protect her

𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 : sad

𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 : fluff/angst

𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚 : eternals

standing in the amazon with your fellow eternals would've made you happy a few days ago

standing in the amazon with your fellow eternals would've made you happy a few days ago. the situation was nice because you were completing your mission and eliminating the last of the deviants. but the sounds of fun shots and fire crackling made the atmosphere grayer. everyone was sad to see these people you've begun to love so much destroy each other. no one more than druig, he's always wanted to make sure that no more wars would be fought, and no more unnecessary lives lost.

ajak stopped druig from using his power on the horde of people, much to his dislike. you came up to hold his hand, "it'll be okay love." you smiled at him, trying to make him feel better. he smiled back, happy that you were here for him and he squeezed your hand. before you could process what was happening thena started to attack. but this time she wasn't attacking deviants, she was attacking you. makkari ended up being badly hurt, and you went to her to comfort them. ajak came to heal makkari and then went to heal thena. it worked for a second but then whatever was driving thena to do this activated again.

now gilgamesh came to try and contain thena, and he did. you knew it hurt him to hurt thena, but he had to do it to protect all of you. as you and the eternals looked over the as unconscious body, you felt a weird feeling in your head. it didn't hurt, but it felt as if a different person was taking over your body like you weren't in control anymore.

𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙜'𝙨 𝙥.𝙤.𝙫.

"thena failed, that means i cannot." you said, "y/n?" i said. her beautiful eyes were now all white, just like thenas just were. "oh no." ikaris said beside druig, you were one of the people that the eternals didn't want to be put against them. you had the power of telekinesis and the ability to see into the future. this means to could see what there were going to do before they did it. it was useful while you were fighting deviants, but not ideal while fighting the eternals. "y/n, it's going to be okay." he said and gently grabbed your hand. "no it's not, everyone's going to die." you said as a tear escaped your white eyes, which broke druigs heart.

you snatched your hands out of druigs and pushed him back with your powers. each attempt to bring you down was unsuccessful. you were able to tell what they were going to do and when they were going to do it. "gilgamesh! get thena out of here." ajak called and you walked toward thenas body, trying to get there before gil. before you could get there, druig stood in front of you. "y/n please." i said, "come back to me." i finished and put my hand on her cheek, trying to calm her down. her eyes flickered back to the beautiful ones druig was used to, but they went back to white, "you'd never hurt me, love, so get out of my way. or i'll make sure you'll get out of the way."

druig knew what he had to do. he had to do something you didn't expect, and he was the only one that could do it. you had already walked past him, and his eyes laid on a stone the size of your hand. he used all of his strength to hit it across your head, knocking you out. he caught you before you fell to the ground and picked you up. following gilgamesh who had thena in his arms.

you woke up surrounded by your family, right next to a just awoken thena. "thena... y/n, you attacked everyone. you both have mahd wy'ry." you and thena both had tears in your eyes as ajak spoke. "i'll have to reset your memories on the domo." thena objected and tried to explain to ajak why she wanted to keep her memories. while ajak and thena talked about it, you looked at druig who was holding your hand. you knew he could hear what you were thinking, and he nodded, giving you his permission to do so. "i'll do it. i don't want to hurt anyone else." you told ajak, and she nodded. everyone had already parted ways, but you ajak and druig met on the domo to complete the process. you laid on the table and ajak started to heal your mind. each of your favorite memories faded from your mind as she continued. druig put you to sleep and would've waked you when she was done.

you eventually woke, and it was almost like being born again. the emptiness in your mind shocked you, you couldn't remember anything. you sat up and looked around, and a dark-haired, very handsome man was looking at you. "hello dear." he said, his thick accent ringing through your ears. "hi, if you don't mind me asking, where am i? and um, who am i?" "your name is y/n, you're in the amazon forest." you nodded, now asking your self what the amazon forest was. "i'm druig." he introduced himself and held his hand out for you to shake. you didn't know what he was doing and just stared at his hand curiously. he laughed and gently grabbed your hand and put it on his, carrying it up and down. "it's nice to meet you druig." you smiled at him and he smiled back. it was nice to meet him, you knew that you two were going to be very close in the future.