𝗊𝗎𝗂𝖽𝖽𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁 | 𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓

𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 : oliver wood x hufflepuff! reader

𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 : oliver heavily underestimates hufflepuffs new chaser

𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 : oliver being cocky as usual

𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 : fluff

𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚 : harry potter

everyone at hogwarts knew the slytherin and gryffindor were the quidditch gods

everyone at hogwarts knew the slytherin and gryffindor were the quidditch gods. they were the only teams in the last 50 years to have won the quidditch cup, and their game against each other was the most exciting game of the year. oliver was proud to be gryffindor team captain. he'd worked hard for this role so he knew he deserved it. he never gets nervous when ravenclaw or hufflepuff announces that they've gotten another player, so when hufflepuff announced they had gotten another chaser; oliver didn't bat an eye.

he saw her walk onto the quidditch field with her quidditch uniform for the first time. she was the sister of nymphadora tonks, nymphadora was one of the best hufflepuff quidditch players since nymphadora's father, ted tonks. oliver still didn't bat an eye, gryffindor was going to win the house cup this year.

oliver never really attended other houses games, he usually just sent angelina or katie to see how the players were and give him all the details. but when it was hufflepuffs first game, he decided to put the burden on himself. hufflepuffs team hadn't put you in until halftime when hufflepuff was losing. diggory hugged you before you flew onto the field, which caused oliver to clench his teeth. in the next 10 minutes, you scored 8 goals causing hufflepuff to be in the lead. before oliver even knew it diggory had caught the snitch, causing hufflepuffs student section to jump up and start cheering. "HUFFLEPUFF WINS!" lee jordan called on the announcer and when you had landed you gave cedric another hug. "two hugs? in ten minutes? you gotta be fuckin' kidding me." oliver groaned and made his way down to the field.

he finally saw you walking to the girl's locker room which was thankfully across the field from the boys. "hey, y/l/n" oliver called out to get your attention before you stepped into your locker room. "oh, oliver wood right? aren't you captain of the gryffindor team?" your sweet and soft voice said in response. she knows who i am. oliver repeated in his head. "oh uh yeah that's me," he smiled at you, "you played a great game out there! i was wondering if you wanted to go to the three broomsticks with me? butterbeer on me as a congratulations." he offered to you, hoping you'd say yes. "sounds fun. let me shower up and i'll meet you there in 20 minutes." you smiled at him and walked into the locker room. oliver sighed with satisfaction and turned around, making eye contact with cedric diggory who was across the field.

he looked angry, he must've heard what had just happened. diggory stormed back into the boy's locker room and oliver smirked. he got the girl before diggory could.