𝗁𝗎𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋 | 𝒕𝒊𝒎

𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 : tim drake x huntress! reader

𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 : when bruce told tim to stay away from you, he just couldn't do it.

𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 : blood

𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 : fluff

𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚 : dc comics

you were always sort of a solo act

you were always sort of a solo act. you had taken the mantle of huntress and started fighting crime about two years ago. you'd been in karate, gymnastics, archery, track, and many others since you were very young. your aunt taught you a few things too, her being the old huntress. you knew you weren't well-liked by batman. you had a habit of getting to a crime scene before him and getting to job done before he had even arrived. but he didn't know about you and red robin. you hadn't revealed your identity to him and neither has he. but whenever you would be patrolling, he would be too. you liked talking to him, he was more down to earth than anyone you met.

tonight there was a kidnapping that joker was no doubt behind. you made it to the building and here is where batman's flaw resides, his conscience. he would talk to the bad guy and try to get him on his side, which they rarely did (aka never). you got straight down to business and would beat the shit out of them. you had snuck into the factory that the young boy was being held hostage, and batman was outside trying to call the joker outside. the joker walked out to meet batman which left you, his goons, and the boy. it was a relief to you because you knew you couldn't defeat the joker so you were glad that obstacle was out of the way.

you jumped down from your safe spot and all of the goons looked at you. "ready to dance?" you smirked and got your crossbow out. you started fighting the guys, knocking them unconscious one by one. if the little boy hadn't been there you would've gotten rid of them, for good. but you didn't want to traumatize him anymore, not like you were. there was only one goon left and you knocked him out easily. but the adrenaline from fighting had masked a knife being logged in your leg. you groaned and decided to leave the sharp object in where it was, not wanting to bleed out. you got one of your arrows and started cutting the boy free. "you're gonna be okay now." you smiled at him. the poor thing had tears on his cheeks, "thank you." he said and you smiled back at him. after he was freed you limped to the front, batman and joker were nowhere in sight and you spotted cops. "come here" you said and picked him up, handing him to the chief, "mr. gordon, i think you owe me a thank you." you joked, handing him the kid. "thank you huntress." he forced out to which you smiled at. now you were supposed to go home. but you didn't know-how. you definitely couldn't walk and your grappling hook was broken.

"that looks like it hurts." you heard a deep voice behind you. you turned around and it was of course red robin. "cause it does, can you take me home in the batmobile or robinmoble or whatever." you asked. "here i can get that patched up for you at my place and then take you home." he said, and you grew a little hesitant. meet this random vigilante, who was the sidekick of the man who hated you, and then go to his house? "sounds fun." you responded. he grabbed your waist and used his grabbling hook to take you to his house. "now i need you to close your eyes, i can't have you knowing where i live." he said, you used your hand to cover your eyes, you respected his privacy. you could tell when you landed. "okay you can open your eyes now." he said and you looked around. the house looked like a palace, gold, and marble detailing, with red velvet floors. "whoa, if you live in a house this big then your dad must be like bruce wayne or something." you purely joked, but you heard his breath hitch and his eyes got big. "no way. no fucking way. are you telling me bruce wayne, the bruce wayne is batman?!?" you gasped, "you can't tell anyone." he said, as he lead you downstairs. "my lips are sealed." you whispered when he put his index finger over his lips, signaling you to lower your octaves. he leads you to a tall fancy clock and did some eye recognition thing. the clock opened to what you guessed was the infamous bat cave. "fucking rich people." you gasped

"master tim, welcome back." a fancy british voice said as tim lead you down the stairs toward him. "alfred, this is huntress and she's kinda got a knife in her leg." tim told him. "wow tim tell him the obvious, am i a girl or do you have to make sure he knows that too?" you told him and the newly found out tim rolled his eyes. "hey you can't know my name and i not know yours!" he told him and alfred lead you to a curtain, where you could change in a hospital gown. "my name's y/n," you said and walked out. limping to the bed that looked like a table with a sheet over it.

tim had to do a double-take, this was the first time he was seeing you without your mask on. your mask covered your nose and down, leaving just your eyes. tim had never really acknowledged your eyes until now, they had sparkles and your skin was perfect. "okay tim, i'll need to put her under anesthesia." alfred told him and you took a deep breath as alfred grabbed everything needed for your 'procedure'. he brought it to you and covered your face with it, telling you to breath in which you did. everything immediately turned dark.

you woke up to sounds of arguing, your eyes fluttered open and you looked down at your leg, which was now wrapped up skillfully. you took a mental reminder to thank alfred later. you look toward the arguing, it was tim and bruce. they were both still in their suits, but the mask was taken off. this was the first time you've seen tim without his mask. his mask covered his hair was what a shame that was. he had long gorgeous black hair, with bright blue eyes that contradicted it. "she's awake." you heard bruce say, as he looked at you. then bruce walked up and you, "if you can learn to not say anything about what you've seen tonight, and to keep our identities a secret. i'll let you come over more often." he admitted, to which yours and tim's face lit up too. "my lips are sealed, batman." you said, but said the word batman in bruce's infamous deep voice he used when he was in the persona of batman. he rolled his eyes and walked off, leaving just you and tim. "looks like you'll be seeing a lot more of me bird boy." you smiled at him, which he smiled back, "looking forward to it." he admitted and you smiled wider.

you were not catching feelings for bruce wayne's son. you two were from completely different worlds, he was top of the food chain and you were at the very bottom. but he didn't have to know that.