𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝗐𝗈 | 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒈

𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 : druig x eternals! reader

𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 : the reader confesses her love for druig and doesn't get the reaction she wants.

𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 : idk

𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 : angst to fluff

𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚 : eternals

after everything that happened, you decided to get away from the eternals

after everything that happened, you decided to get away from the eternals. you needed some space to yourself, which they understood. except for druig of course. he didn't know why you needed to leave... because he was the reason.

7,000 years later you were living in monte carlo. you tried to keep in touch with the other eternals (except druig, he was off the grid) but after a deviant came to monte carlo and nearly destroyed half of the city before you fought it off you realized it was time for a family reunion. you first went to sersi who also had ikaris and sprite with her. then you went to kingo then to gilgamesh and thena. now you got to the hard part, visiting druig. you knew that druig and makkari broke up a century ago and agreed to just stay friends but that feeling of you not being good enough for him grew inside of you.

but here you guys were, wandering through the amazon looking for druigs civilization. you finally came across the town and looked at all the people living their normal lives. as much as you loved druig you hated knowing that their free will was taken from them daily. soon sprite got the attention of druig and he came out, sending shivers down your spine. "calm down y/n it's not like you're in love with him or anything." kingo whispered in your ear which caused you to hit him on the shoulder. "shut the hell up kingo" you whispered back as the group walked into the church druig walked out of. after a battle almost went down between druig and kingo, you heard screams from outside. "guys, something's happening" you said and went to the door. opening a door to the villagers running away from whatever was causing havoc.

your power was the ability to make forcefields, so your main goal was to protect the villagers. it was soon revealed that it was deviants causing all of the commotions. so you made sure all of the townspeople got to the safe house and we're going to start worrying about the deviant until you heard gunshots. you turned to look and druig was mind-controlling townspeople to shoot at the deviant. "druig! let them go!" you yelled at him, "why?" he yelled back, "they could die here! are you crazy?" you responded, "no i am not! and who cares? they're mortals anyway." "so?!?! they don't deserve to die. let them go." you shot back, "and why should i listen to you? is that why you left? to be with the humans? are these people the reason you left the only thing you've known?" he said, the look on his face going from anger to sadness, "i didn't leave because of the humans i left for a completely different reason," you said and created a force field around the villagers. you realized how much the conversation between you and druig was hurting the group because they needed all the help they could get against the deviants. "wait." druig grabbed your arm before you could leave, "then why did you go? why did you leave?" he desperately asked you. "i don't want to talk about that right now, besides that was 7,000 years ago dru." you said and ran off, leaving him alone again.

after the deviant attack, you were back on kingos private jet to go get phastos. the ride was being boring because everyone was worn out now from all the fighting. you got up to use the bathroom and soon you heard a knock at the door, "hold on" you said and finished washing your hands, opening the door only to be shoved right back inside. "what the fu-?!" you said before you felt a hand covering your mouth, preventing words from coming out. this made you realize it was druig who was trapped in the small airplane bathroom with you. "so why'd you leave?" he began "for fucks sake are we still on this?" you sighed, "hey you said you didn't want to talk about it at the battle so here we are, not in a battle." he said, "look druig i just can't tell you" "why? did you leave because of me?" he responded, the sadness on his face was killing you, you had no idea that you leaving the eternals would've caused such a strain on him. "okay um, technically i did leave because of you but it was only because you were dating makkari and i was in love with you so it kinda hurt to see you guys together so i left because i felt like if i stayed i would've caused a strain on your relationship and i didn't want to do that because i just wanted you to be happy and yeah." you blurted out leaving druig shocked. "can you say something please" you said after a few seconds of waiting. "okay obviously that wasn't what you wanted to hear so i'm sorry about tha-" you were saying before you were cut off by druig kissing you. his hands were on the sides of your face and soon you melted into the kiss and followed that same action. soon you parted ways to catch your breath, "you're an idiot y/n" druig said, "how could you not see i was in love with you since we met?" he smiled at you, "you know i could ask you the same question." you smiled back at him. you leaned in for another kiss before you heard a knock at the door, "hey! we're almost there so if you guys are done doing it i suggest you get back in your seats soon!" you heard sprite say, "we are not doing it!" you yelled and stormed out of the bathroom chasing sprite to her seat.