𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 | 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒈

𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 : druig x eternals! reader

𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 : the reader confesses her love for druig and doesn't get the reaction she wants.

𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 : heartbreak

𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 : angst

𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚 : eternals

if being an eternal taught you anything, it's that nothing comes easily

if being an eternal taught you anything, it's that nothing comes easily. especially the things you want more than anything in the entire world... or the entire universe. that thing for you was druig.

it happened so suddenly, it caught you off guard. you never told anyone, of course, it was your secret. the struggle of hiding your blush every time he called you one of his cute nicknames or hiding your smile anytime he came into your eyesight. he was your best friend in the universe, and you knew that's all he saw you as. but that glimmer of hope, the true romantic in you kept you going. eventually, that small spark slowly died out into nothing. that's why you were now in a pub in the center of babylon.

your fifth drink was in your hand and your head lay on the bar, half-asleep. a hand on your shoulder woke you up, you hoped it was druig, but it was just kingo. "ah hello" you grumbled, going to lay your head back down. "nice you see you too." he groaned, "you look horrible." "wow that's just what every girl wants to hear." you sarcastically smiled. "i didn't think you were much of a drinker... what's got you so down?" he kindly smiled, which made you feel a little bit better. "heartbreak." you answered, "ah druig." he replied, almost knocking you out of your chair. "you knew?!" you whisper-yelled at him. "uh yeah, almost everyone does." he said much to your disappointment. "so druig knows?" "nope, just me, sersi, thena, and gilgamesh." he answered. "i don't know what to do kingo... i know i have no chance which is why i'm here. i guess i was just never good enough." you indulged. "well you'll never know if you don't try, he's sitting in the domo, reading, all by himself. quite sad actually. he looks like he needs some company." he winked at you.

you didn't know if it was the five beers or kingo's good advice. but at that moment you felt a surge of confidence. you placed the money for the drinks on the counter and gave kingo a thank you kiss on the cheek, and ran to the domo. after finding the library you made sure you looked decent and peeked your head to look into the library before making the whole stretch. at that moment you thought the world stopped spinning or that time just stopped. but you saw makkari laying over druigs lap, as he read the story in his hands to her. eventually, makkari leaned up and gave him a kiss, to which he happily returned. not being able to bear it anymore you turned back to the wall and hid. you could choose to blame makkari or druig, maybe even kingo for giving you the advice to come and pretend you even had a chance. but no, this is your fault. you weren't as beautiful, smart, funny, or kind as to how druig wanted. so at that moment, you prepared yourself. for every time you saw druig and makkari together, you would be happy for them. because even if druig didn't find happiness with you, you still wanted him to be happy. even if it shattered your heart every time you saw them together.