𝗆𝗎𝗍𝖾 | 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒈

𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 : druig x mute! reader

𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 : druig accidentally leads on the mute eternal who's now forced to tell him her feelings

𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 : druig being an asshole

𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 : angst to fluff

𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚 : eternals

𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡 : erroticlillacss

watching druig and makkari joke around and flirt with each other was like swords through your eyes

watching druig and makkari joke around and flirt with each other was like swords through your eyes. you couldn't stand seeing them so close like you wanted to be with druig. you couldn't blame him. makkari was beautiful, way more courageous than you'll ever be. you stood up from your seat next to sprite and walked out, trying to find somewhere to think.

you eventually found a room where ajak was sitting, you checked to make sure she wasn't in contact with arishem, which she wasn't. "hello y/n" she said when you made yourself known to her, "hello ajak, can i ask you a question?" you signed to her. you unfortunately were unable to communicate using words, so you were stuck with your hands. you and your fellow eternals assumed your power was the reason for your disability. your scream caused any deviant to fall back but it also stopped you from speaking. "of course my love, what's on your mind?" ajak responded, moving over from her seat, motioning you to sit down which you did. "i've seen sersi and ikaris, thena and gilgamesh, and now makkari and druig. with the relationships that we form with each other, would that interfere with our mission?" you signed to her.

"relations are natural. to humans, to animals, even to us. love is a beautiful thing, when you find it you never want to let it go. relationships also make us stronger, so i encourage it between us. but i think i know what is really on your mind y/n." you looked up at her, knowing what she's about to say. "y/n go, find love. druig may have deceived you but that doesn't mean you have to let him go. you never know if he's as deep in love with you as you are with him." ajak's words caused you to burst into tears. "no one with ever love me like this ajak, i'm defective. i can never tell him i love him. he doesn't even see me, no one does. why is it so hard to find? why is love this impossible artifact to behold?" you sobbed, your hands wavering during your sign language. "because my darling, you haven't even tried to look for it yet." ajak said. you may have hated to admit it, but she was right. you never really talked to druig, because you were too scared to.

after your talk with ajak, and cleaning yourself up, you walked back into the party that was being held. taking a deep breath you walked up to druig. "can i talk to you?" you signed to him. druig looked at you confused and nodded. his beautiful blue eyes turning gold, the loud music and conversations suddenly stopped, as everyone looked to you both. "go on love." druig smirked, causing you to sigh. "druig i've known you for 5,000 years." you signed, taking a deep breath to gain confidence before going back to signing. "i've seen empires grow and fall, families be torn apart, and lovers fade away. that's made me realize how precious time is. how precious relationships are, so i can't hold back my feelings any longer. i love you, druig." you finished signing. the nervousness growing as druigs expression never faulted through your entire speech. he wasn't saying anything or doing anything. you lost it, you ran away from him, from everyone. sitting on the field wallowing in your pity, you felt embarrassed. you just opened your emotions for the first time, in front of everyone, only to have it thrown back in your face.

you turned around when you could hear footsteps from behind you. your eyes laid on druig, one of the last people you wanted to see. you turned back around to look at the moon reflecting on the water. "i'm sorry about my reaction earlier, i guess i was at a loss for words." he sighed. "i get it if you don't feel the same way but i don't need the apology speech right now." you signed at him angrily. "this isn't an apology speech, i just need you to listen to me please." he almost begged you, he knew what pulled on your heartstrings and you hated it but nodded anyway. he took a seat next to you, sighing before he started. "i've heard your screams louder than anyone. not your vocal ones, but your mental ones. i knew your feelings but never acted, im not good for you y/n. you deserve love, passion, and happiness. if i know how i feel about you, then i know that even with my feelings i have to put them aside for you." you shook your head as tears fell from your eyes. "please don't-" you started to sign, "no please let me finish. i've loved you y/n, since the moment i've laid eyes on you. it's always been you. but i have to let you go." he started to get up but you stopped him. you took your hands and wiped his tears off of his face. "no one chooses what's good for me but me." you signed and grabbed his face. forcing him to lean down and kiss you.

maybe ajak was right, maybe all you needed was to go and get love.