𝗉𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 | 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒐

𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 : mattheo riddle x reader

𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 : mattheo gets a new partner for potions that he thought he would hate, turns out that didn't happen

𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 : sad mattheo

𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 : fluff

𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚 : harry potter

you tried to catch your breath as you run through the halls, you'd overslept and your dorm-mate had forgotten to wake you up

you tried to catch your breath as you run through the halls, you'd overslept and your dorm-mate had forgotten to wake you up. you were differently going to give her a piece of your mind later. the worst part is that you were late to professor snapes class. he was going to reduce point from your house the second you got there. you finally arrived at the door and you tried to fix your hair and catch your breath, not wanting to look like you had just run like you were being chased. when everything seemed normal you walked through and tried not to make a sound as you made it to your assigned seat. much to your dislike someone was already sitting there. "hey, that's my seat." you whispered, "not anymore." the rude gryffindor said back to you, as you looked around trying to find an empty seat you felt a dark, tall presence loom over you. "you're late miss y/l/n. 10 points from y/h" snape said in his deep and robot sounding voice. "i'm sorry professor it won't happen again." you sighed sadly, "your seat is right next to mr. riddle, we're doing partners now." he explained what you missed and you nodded, going back to your new seat.

you knew mattheo never really liked you, he never made eye contact with you and when he did he immediately looked away. you were just going to try and get through the day. "hi" you said to mattheo, trying to make it less awkward. all he did was smile only using his lips, still not looking into your eyes. the most forced smile you've ever seen. you sighed and sunk into your chair. this was going to be a long semester.

after a few weeks of potions, nothing had changed. he still never talked to you and you did most of the work. he would just sit there and watch you mix different ingredients to make the assigned potion, it was annoying. all the anger had piled up from these few weeks. so you decided to go to the astronomy tower so you could just think and clear your head.

as you walked up the stairs and opened the door you heard a person already in the tower. you sighed because you wanted to be alone so you just turned around, hoping to find another person-less spot. when you turned around you stopped when you heard sobbing sounds. whoever was in there needed help. you quietly opened the door and peeked your head in, so you could see who was in there. you could see those brown fluffy curls from a mile away, it was mattheo.

you quietly walked up to his sobbing figure and knelt in front of him, putting your hand on his knee. he jumped and stood up immediately, wiping his tears to seem like he hadn't been crying only seconds ago. "mattheo, what's wrong? i know we're not the closest of friends but you can talk to me." you tried to comfort him, slowly walking up to him so you didn't startle him again. "that's just the thing, i can't tell you, i can't tell anyone." he gasped through his tears, even with his attempts to look tough, they were still falling. you walked back in front of him and he backed up one step but stopped when you tried to hug him. you honestly thought that he would push you away but when he accepted the hug and cried into the crook of your neck, you were the shocked one. one of your hands rubbed his back, while the other was tangled in his soft curls. you both kept this position for about one hour until he abruptly stood up, wiped his face, and walked out. not giving you another look.

the next day in potions, mattheo wasn't there so it was just you. while flipping through your potions book, there was an envelope with your name on it.

dear y/n,

i know last night was confusing, and i wish i could explain it to you but i can't. i appreciate you being there for me and i must forward you and tell you i won't be in class for a few days... family business i guess you could say. but i have to admit, i've had feelings for you for a while now. please save a seat next to you at breakfast when i get back. i'd love to talk to you in person about this.

all my love,
mattheo riddle