𝖻𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖽 | 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒈

𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 : druig x eternal! reader

𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 : druig and reader have always hated each other for 7,000 years. but what if it's never been hate

𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 : blood

𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 : angst to fluff

𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑚 : eternals

𝑟𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡 : erroticlillacss

maybe it was the dry air in babylon, or ajak and ikaris constantly telling him how to do things

maybe it was the dry air in babylon, or ajak and ikaris constantly telling him how to do things. but druig was always irritable. you never knew why, he never had to fight in missions. he was always in charge of getting everyone out while you had to fight the deviants head-on. finally, you were able to relax and take a break. ajak had decided to throw a party with all of the eternals and villagers. during sprites usual illusion show, you noticed druigs absence. maybe he was just tired and went to bed for the night. you hated to assume.

even with the minimal conversations you and druig had, you always felt a certain connection with him. maybe you two were meant to be at least civil one day. you wouldn't admit it now, but you knew deep down you knew what you wanted. after a few hundred years, you had finally defeated all of the deviants. you met in the forest, with a small number of eternals, the rest were defeating the small number of deviants. while looking at the humans destroying the very forest you were standing in, and destroying each other. thena started to attack you and your fellow eternals. "thena!" you called out, summoning your golden lasso and wrapping it around her sword, which she morphed into air and kicked you back. forcing your back to collide with a tree.  after gilgamesh had managed to calm thena down and he was forced to knock her out.

back to the town you and the eternals had to seek refuge into, you waited for thena to wake up. this entire situation caused a reaction out of druig. he snapped, he yelled at ajak and you saw him cry for the first time. this was the breaking point, where the eternals split up. your family for 7,000 years was now a family no more. it broke you. what broke you more to your own shock was druig walking away first, without a second look to you. while you didn't understand why you expected it, you still did. maybe all of the random eye contact you made during dinners or when you would protect him from deviants during missions. you thought it would be enough to show druig your true feeling, however, after all these years. you were still right back to where you started. not even a second thought in druigs mind.

in the present-day, you lived with phastos. his family reminded you of what you and the eternals had. you were also a dedicated babysitter, which you didn't mind. jack called you aunt y/n at this point, which phastos and ben didn't mind. your entire world changed when ikaris and sersi showed up at phastos' doorstep and told you the worst news you could imagine. ajak was dead, you and the rest of the eternals weren't real, and the world was about to end. after a lot of convincing, you and ben had finally gotten phastos to go along with you to fight the celestial, tiamut.

ikaris, sprite, and kingo left. leaving the rest to figure out how you were going to win this. you, druig, sersi, and makkari were the ones on the front lines. you activated the unimind and felt your power leave and absorb into druig. you heard ikaris fly toward druig, and you jumped in the way. breaking the unimind and grabbing ikaris away from druig. ikaris grabbed your throat and flew you up in the sky, if you weren't about to die you would enjoy the view. "i'm really sorry about this y/n, you were one of my favorites." ikaris said and threw you down, activating his cosmic energy laser beams that only pushed you down more. a mix of adrenaline from falling from such a height and pain from the burning sensation in your chest. you finally collided with the ground, ikaris' laser beams pushing you deeper. your attempt to grab the rocks surrounding you didn't suffice against ikaris' power.

"y/n!" you heard druig yell. maybe you had died and were imagining the whole scenario. that was deemed untrue when druig grabbed your hand and helped you up. "ow" was the only word you could get out. to which druig chucked at, and added to your shock as he hugged you. when he backed away from the hug his face was only inches away from yours. that's when everything made sense. the longing stares, the butterflies in your stomach, and the way you always wanted to be around each other. you weren't destined to hate each other, you were destined to love and care. you grabbed druigs face and kissed him deeply, which he happily returned. the two of you were too blind to see that all the hatred was just a shield for your undying love.