-2- I know

We arrive back at our apartment, all I can think about is the black cars and why they keep following Cameron

We arrive back at our apartment, all I can think about is the black cars and why they keep following Cameron. I take out my laptop and decide to catch up on some studies before I have to go to work.

***

"You're late." My grumpy manager, Jen, blatantly states as I walk through the door just a few seconds prior to my shift. With that I rush to the staff room to get my things, a little apron with a pocket for my notebook and pen.

I work at a small bar in town, which also happens to be a strip club. Mostly I work waitressing but sometimes a little fun and extra money doesn't hurt, one of the dancers has been teaching me a while, she says soon I'll be ready for the stage. I can't wait.

Carrying a tray filled with an assortment of beverages I travel through the crowds of people scattered everywhere for their nightly meetings and drinks. Business men, most of them in suits, fill up the bar bewitched by the dancers, making it hard for me to get around to serve people.

"Miss! Another for me!"

"Waitress! I'd like another round on our table!"

"When is so and so on?"

"Another 4 shots! On me!"

A great night to be understaffed...

Not long later I notice one of the regulars, I don't know his name, won't stop looking at me. He thinks my struggle is amusing? But he's not smiling. He just sits on an armchair, his big frame filling it almost to the edges, his elbows rested on his knees which are spread wide to comfort his large size and his face as straight as the horizon.

I could almost get lost in all his features he is a very gorgeous man. With his long black hair and emerald green eyes. His suit so perfect there's no even a wrinkle.

"ROSE! DRINKS!" Jen screams interrupting my thoughts and the unknown guy glares at her, as do I. That's when I realise I've probably been staring at him a few minutes more than the average person would. I'm such an idiot.

I hear the chimes of the door and look over and see my saviour and co-worker, Cj, coming in to work the late shift and help me out since it's so busy.

"Thank god you're here I need to sit for 5, you got it?"
"I got it girl! Hurry though if Jen catches you, you're done for."

***

The second I sit down Jens figure fills my eye-line. I freeze, my coffee in one hand and a banana in the other, my mouth open with the banana seconds away as I was about to take a bite.

"How many times do I have to tell you Rose! Breaks go through me! I don't remember approving a break!" She barks her same old speech that I'm all too familiar with.

"That's because you haven't approved a break in 700 years Jen! Hense why we are always sneaking off! We can't work 12 fucking hour shifts without 5 minutes to satisfy basic human needs such as drinking and eating!"

"You can eat when your shift is over! This is valuable time you are wasting here Rose! Each second you sit down-

"Is another dollar I don't get paid, yeah I'm pretty familiar with that catchphrase."

"Oh so now you're back chatting."

"Yes. Yes I am. Because frankly I'm sick of this. This bar this- this place, never getting 5 fucking seconds without being screamed at! No wonder Cam quit."

"Quit? He was-
Her words are cut silent and a shocked, sort of scared expression replaced the cruel sour one that filled her face moments ago.

"Just- just don't let it happen again. I've got, um some management to do."

Yeah that's what I thought bitch.
I think to my self taking a smug bite out of the fruit in my hand while I watch her scatter out of the room. I take a sip of my coffee to wash it down before I turn to leave.

Except I walk into a wall. Just my luck.
Except it isn't a wall. It's a guy. A really handsome guy. The same guy I caught staring at me before. Now with coffee all down his crisp white shirt, which is now sticking to his... very toned abs.

"My eyes are up here, Mi Amore."
"Mi- what now" I flick my head up to look at his face, wow he's tall."
"I'm so sorry, your shirt. It looks-
"It's a shirt love, I'll live." His voice is smooth.

"Oh uh- alright." Gone is the girl who was yelling at her boss 5 minutes ago.
"Rose."
"Pardon?"
"I'm Rose." I hold out my hand to shake his like a buisness transaction.

"I know." He takes my hand and placed a kiss on my knuckles. He then flips my hand and places a bit of paper in it. I unfold it and read it.

Romanos. 8pm. Tomorrow.

"Wait-

He's gone.

***

I know his words play over and over in my head I know but I don't know. Who are you strange man? And why can't I stop thinking about you.

Finishing up with my shift it's almost 1 in the morning. I return my apron to it's designated hook and head off for the night. Hopefully Cameron is still awake to take me home.