-40- Awake

Song: Wicked game - Chris Isaak

Death is a strange thing. You spend everyday with a person laughing and talking with them and you never know which hug and kiss goodbye is your last.

I kill hundred of people every week and never stop for a second to think about their family and how their deaths impact those around them. I don't think about it because I don't care, they deserve the emotional suffering.

I deserve the emotional suffering.

Tears streak down my bloody face and land on top the limp body cradled in my arms. I don't know if I'll ever come back from this. I've spent the last months chasing this girl attempting to capture her for my own selfish good but this is how it ends. This is how it always ends.

I shouldn't of brought her into my life, she didn't deserve this. None of them did.

Mother. Killed. Lucy. Killed.

Rose...

Dead.

Everyone I've ever loved. Dead. My mother, my sister and my precious flower. It's karma. All of this is karma for all the bad things I've ever done. They didn't deserve this. It should be me. I should be in their place, in her place. Dead.

"Sir." One of my men address me from behind me. I raise my head acknowledging him but I do not turn and show him my face.
"We need to leave here."
"Got it. I'll be out in a minute." I sigh. Wipe my face clear.

"Hey?" I yell to the boy before he can get to far.
"Yes, sir?" He replies returning to the door.
"Sedate him." I point to the man shrivelled over in pain.

"Take him to the cellar. I'll deal with him later. Let's let Eden have a little fun with him." I smirk. Picking up my flower carrying her bridal style in my arms out the door as a few other men join the boy in capturing the fucking idiot responsible for this mess.

***

"She's not dead." My head whips up.
"What!?" I shoot up from my seat, practically sprint towards my doctor, Vlad. I grab his collar pressing him against the wall.
"You better not be fucking with me Vlad or SO HELP ME GOD." I yell.

"No sir. No fucking with you is happening. Her pulse is weak but she's still in there. Whatever was injected, was very strong. Only when given a full dose does it kill completely." I release him and run my hands through my hands.

"She was not given enough of whatever serum to completely kill her but she is very weak, there is a chance she won't make it. I'm doing everything I can but chances are slim."

She's not dead. Fuck me. She's not dead!

She's alive!!! Rose is alive!

I push past the doctor desperately in need to see her again. Alive. Not dead. There she is.
Lying in the bed. Alive. Barely. But alive.
That's all I could ever ask for.