Chapter 2

Credits to the artist of the picture above

♤♡◇♧

You strolled through the fields of the new world as your eyes observed your surroundings. "Hm.. This looks like one of those so called 'isekai' Niffty made me watch on the picture show.. what was it called again..? 'Annie Mae'..? I think that's how it's called." you mumbled to yourself as you noticed your companions halt in their tracks.

"(Y/N)! Over here!" Paimon called as she waved at you to come over. You let out a small laugh as you walked closer to the two, a grin plastered on your face.

"Look, you two! That is one of the Statues of the Seven! The God of Anemo, Barbatos! Come on, let's get closer!" Paimon informed as she flew towards the pond. In the middle of the pond lays a statue of what appears to be a cloaked boy with angel-like wings on his back.

"So this world is filled with Gods? That's very interesting.." you muttered as you and Aether neared the statue.

"There are a few of these statues scattered across the land to show The Seven's protection over the world. Among the seven gods, this god controls the wind, also known as anemo." Paimon explained. You watched as Aether went to touch the statue and saw it began to glow.

A small orb came out of the statue and went towards Aether as he suddenly emanated a light glow and faded quickly. 'This world also has voodoo and magic.. I'm starting to like this place.' you thought to yourself.

"Ooh! Seems all you had to do was touch the statue and you got the power of Anemo! As much as they may want it, people in this world can never get a hold of powers like what you did, Aether. Hey, maybe (Y/N) can also obtain it?" Paimon asked as she looked at you eagerly.

"Yeah, maybe you can also gain the power of anemo." Aether encouraged as you looked at the two then towards the statue in front of you. "I suppose I'll give it a go." you replied, grin not faltering.

"Here, I'll help you." Aether stated as he gently grabbed your hand and placed it on the statue with his. Your eyes widened at the sudden touch, your grin becoming a strained smile. You were about to gently pull yourself away when you and Aether saw the statue glowed more brighter than earlier. You sensed something feels off.

"Aether, dear maybe you should let g-"

Before you could finish your sentence, a strong gust of wind came from the statue and started to push you away. You stood your ground and fought back the strong wind current. What you didn't expect was a pair of arms, belonging to a certain blonde, wrapping itself around your waist which caused you to stiffen and let your guard down.

The wind grew stronger and managed to push you and Aether into the pond.

"(Y/N)! Aether!" Paimon called out in worry as both you and Aether came out of the pond, soaked.

"Well that was entertaining!" you exclaimed, static laced in your voice as you smiled while droplets of water fell from your figure. Paimon and Aether gave you a look. "What?" you asked as you tilted your head to the side.

"Even though you were thrown into a pond, you still have that smile on your face. I don't think I saw you without a smile yet." Aether said as he used his new anemo powers to dry himself off.

"That's because I don't want to be underdressed!" you simply answered as you snapped your fingers and changed your clothing into a much more dry one.

"What?! Underdressed?!" Paimon exclaimed as she looked you over. "But you don't look underdressed. What could possibly be missing?" Aether added, now dried thanks to his newfound abilities.

"A smile, of course! You know you're never fully dressed without one!" you happily exclaimed as you placed your hands on both sides of Aether's face and pulled his cheeks upwards to form a smile.

Aether quickly looked away and you noticed a bit of pink on his cheeks. You guessed it must be an upcoming sickness or fever after getting thrown into cold water.

"Say, did (Y/N) managed to get the powers of the anemo god too?" Paimon asked as she and Aether looked at you.

"Hm.. no I don't think so! But that's alright. As a demon myself, I do have a few tricks up my sleeves." you replied as Paimon looked a bit disappointed but nodded while Aether gave you a reassuring smile.

"Ohh.. well anyways, if we keep heading west from here, we'll eventually reach Mondstadt, the City of Freedom. Mondstadt is the city of wind, because they worship the God of Anemo." Paimon explained as the three of you continued on your journey and head over Mondstadt.

----------

Your group was nearing towards a forest when you all saw a large creature fly past you. "It's headed towards the heart of the forest! We have to be careful!" Paimon exclaimed as the three of you followed the creature into the forest.

You and your company managed to find the creature, you grew more curious when you saw someone tending to it. A boy in a strange outfit was calming down the creature, a dragon you assumed.

"Is he talking to a dragon..?" Aether questioned. "I suppose so." you replied as you noticed Aether letting out a faint glow before it quickly disappeared.

Your ears picked up the sound of the dragon roaring as a large gust of wind blew towards your direction. You heard Paimon let out a yelp as she tried to not get blown away by the wind, Aether as well.

You grabbed a hold of Paimon and held Aether's hand in yours as you snapped your fingers and teleported the three of you to a safe distance.

"Phew..That was a close one! Paimon thanks (Y/N) for holding Paimon!" Paimon exclaimed in relief as you dusted off some dirt and leaves that got stuck to your clothes. "Thanks for saving us there, (Y/N) but how did you do it?" Aether asked.

"Why, it was simply one of my magic tricks! And a magician never reveals their secrets!" you answered as you summoned your staff and twirled it in your hand. "Alright then, keep your secrets to your magic. But you'll have to show us some too." Paimon stated and Aether nodded in agreement.

You tapped your cheek in thought and let out a grin. "Fair enough." you answered.

"Now then, let's head over to Mondstadt!" Aether exclaimed as he and Paimon started to move, leaving you behind.

You looked at your traveling partners and pulled out your hand in front of you, palms facing upwards as it glowed a light green and summoned a crimson red crystal.

"Should I inform them about the strange crystal I found before we teleported..?" you asked yourself as you held your staff in your arm and watched as the crystal float on your hand.

You felt a hand placed itself on your shoulder as you turned and see it belonged to your shadow. The two of you stared at each other for a short while before both of you had a large grin plastered on your faces.

"It might not be important but it does emit some strange magic. I'll hold onto it for now." you stated and put away the crystal.

"(Y/N)!! HURRY UP! DON'T BE A SLOWPOKE! PAIMON IS GOING TO BE ANGRY IF YOU DON'T START WALKING!"

You let out a soft sigh as you decided to catch up to your group.

"Coming, my dear!"