Chapter 38

"Here you are, the smoothest and silkiest bowl of Almond Tofu." Smiley exclaimed as he handed you a plate of Almond Tofu.

"Here's a recipe for it, if you ever want to make it yourself." Smiley added while you thanked him in reply and accepted the recipe. You turned to face your friends and saw them happily eating their serving of the Jambalaya you cooked.

"I take it you both like it?" you asked, an amused expression plastered on your face as you placed the bowl of Almond Tofu on the table. Aether and Paimon looked at you with their mouths full, eagerly nodding their heads in reply at your question.

"Well, since you two are still eating, I'll be offering the dishes to the yaksha." you exclaimed, noticing Aether glancing at you in worry.

"I'll come with you." Aether offered, wiping his mouth with a napkin and stood up from his seat but you quickly stopped him from doing so.

"It's alright, darling. I can handle him myself if something bad were to happen. Besides, we have the Sigil of Permission." you replied, patting Aether's shoulder while giving him a reassuring grin. You grabbed a small tray and placed the dishes and utensils on it.

Aether watched you picked up the tray and left the kitchen, worry building up inside him as he began to think of numerous scenarios that can happen when you're left alone with the adeptus.

Aether flinched when he felt something hit his hand. He looked back to see Paimon staring at him with an annoyed expression.

"Paimon is still upset that you didn't made a move on (Y/N) yet. Coward!" Paimon exclaimed while pointing her spoon at the blonde, making Aether's face flushed red as he stared at his floating companion in shock.

----------

You went out towards the balcony and saw Xiao leaning against the railing, looking out at the view. You walked closer to the male, making sure not to make any noise as you tapped his shoulder.

"Hel-"

You quickly took a step back, the spear missing your neck by an inch as Xiao glared at you while you grinned back at him.

"lo! I didn't mean to startle you dear but I can't waste the opportunity not to! Haha!" you exclaimed with a small laugh.

"What do you want?" Xiao asked, his voice laced with venom as he put away his weapon while his eyes narrowed at you.

"My, you're such a sourpuss. I even cooked you Jambalaya and you want me to die in return. You hurt my feelings, dear." you dramatically stated, placing a hand on your heart with a small grin as you showed Xiao the tray of dishes.

"And no, I did not poison any food you see in front of you. You can look at my companions in the kitchen eating the same thing as well and they haven't died yet." you informed, watching as Xiao take a spoonful of Jambalaya before shoving it in his mouth.

You smirked in satisfaction when you noticed Xiao's eyes lighting up as he scarfed down the Jambalaya but didn't say anything.

"So.. while you're eating, can I now inform you why my friends and I are here to come see you?" you asked Xiao as he looked at you before slowly nodding in reply, making you grin and began to tell him everything.

----------

"The ruling Qixing.. just what role have they played in this? I will seek the other adepti. It is time they too made their decisions." Xiao stated, placing the empty bowls on the tray as he glanced at you.

"Say, since you are a Conqueror of Demons and such. Do you know how to get rid of a curse?" you asked, making Xiao stare at you in question as you lifted the sleeves of your outfit and showed Xiao your arm.

"That curse is placed upon you by Rex Lapis himself, only he can remove it." Xiao told you, noting the curse on your arm looks somewhat similar to his lord's arms when he last saw him.

"Well, that would be difficult. Or should I say, hard?" you laughed aloud as Xiao facepalmed at your stupid pun. Xiao flinched when he felt your arm wrapped around his shoulder as you pulled him close to your side.

"Come now, Xiao. Why don't you show a smile? You know you're never fully dressed without one!" you exclaimed, poking Xiao's cheek as he pushed you away from him.

"Do not come close to me." Xiao stated as he crossed his arms. His eyes slightly widened when he saw your face up close to his, giving him a cheshire grin.

"Why not, dear? I'm a very friendly demon, I'll listen to your problems or traumatic experience if you have any." you replied as you leaned closer to Xiao, your foreheads touching.

"Mortal or not, I have my reasons. Now leave." Xiao exclaimed as he teleported away, you noticed a bit of pink on his cheeks before he left.

"My, my. Such an interesting person you are, dear." you mumbled to yourself as you picked up the tray you were carrying earlier. You saw Xiao's bowl of Jambalaya was empty and cleaned, making you chuckle quietly.

"I guess he liked it very much." you exclaimed, noticing he didn't even touch his bowl of Almond Tofu. Picking up the spoon Xiao used, you took a spoonful of Almond Tofu and ate it.

"..too sweet." you said to yourself as you dropped the spoon back in the bowl and headed back to the kitchen to inform your friends about your talk with Xiao.

Unknown to you, the said male was watching you from the roofs. His cheeks dusted pink when you found out he only ate the food you cooked.

----------

"So the three of us will be staying in one room then?" you asked as Aether nodded in reply.

"Adeptus or not, I still don't trust Xiao. He ambushed you in your room, (Y/N). He was trying to kill you, what if he does it again?" Aether exclaimed as he went towards the window and looked around outside to make sure the adeptus wasn't there.

"Someone's being a bit too overprotective.." Paimon muttered beside you as you shrugged at her comment.

"I'll keep watch then. I don't require any sleep after all." you suggested as Aether hesitantly nodded at your offer.

"Wake me up if something bad happens, alright?" Aether asked as you placed a chair near the window and grabbed a book to read.

"Will do, darling." you replied as you opened the book and began to read while Aether and Paimon went to sleep.