Trulla Chapter: Act 1 (Part 1)

"You mean to tell Paimon that (Y/N) bit you last night?!" Paimon exclaimed in worry, looking down at Aether's bandaged arm while they explored around in Springvale.

"Well, yes but it's alright! I understand (Y/N) was hungry and the meat wasn't enough for her. It's also kind of our fault for cooking a lot of meals that contains meat lately." Aether stated, rubbing the back of his head in shame.

"Ehe... it's not Paimon's fault yours and (Y/N)'s cooking was too good! Paimon is the victim here! Being tempted by such delicious meals!" Paimon replied, crossing her arms with a pout.

"Well, the least we could do is get some ingredients for our inventory. We should hunt more meat for (Y/N)." Aether exclaimed, holding his chin in thought.

"Speaking of (Y/N).. we haven't seen her since this morning. Paimon wonders where she is." Paimon stated.

"Maybe she went out to hunt on her own.." Aether muttered, feeling his face becoming warm when he recalled being able to cuddle you while the two of you slept.

"Aether? Are you okay? Your face is going red." Paimon asked, making Aether snap out of his thoughts.

"Huh? O-oh, I'm alright. We should get going. We might be able to bump into (Y/N) if we get the chance." Aether replied when he suddenly yelped as he felt someone grab his arm and pulled him down into the shrubs.

Aether let out a small groan as he rubbed his head in pain. He looked up to see a girl with short blue hair and yellow eyes looking back at Aether with her index finger against her lips, telling Aether to be quiet.

Aether was confused at the girl when she suddenly pointed to the ground. Aether raised a brow at the girl and slowly looked down. Deer hoofprints can be seen on the ground, leaving behind a small trail.

Aether turned to look back at the girl and was surprised to see stars forming in her eyes and drool coming out of the corner of her lips. Aether watched as the girl wiped away her drool and looked around the area.

"Help me hunt the deer, please. It's a rare ingredient and who knows what kind of delicious meals you can make from it." the girl whispered to Aether, the blonde was hesitant at first but nodded in reply.

Aether followed the deer tracks that leads behind the trees a few meters away from his current location. Aether narrowed his eyes and saw two red, fluffy ears with antlers poking out of the bushes.

'Why does that look familiar...' Aether thought to himself. The girl noticed Aether staring at something and followed his gaze, seeing the ears from the bushes.

Aether felt the girl nudge him forward as he looked back to see the girl encouraging him to go closer to the deer. Aether was unsure at first but slowly and quietly made his way to the deer.

Aether hid behind the tree close to the deer's location and looked back to the blue headed girl. The girl peeked her head out of the shrubs and gave Aether a thumbs up, making the blonde sigh.

The faint scent of blood wafted through Aether's nose as he raised his guard up and summoned his sword. Aether slowly raised his blade and dashed towards the bush, letting out a small battle cry as he charged at the deer.

A hand went forward and grabbed Aether's wrist, flipping the blonde over and making him land on his back with a loud thud. Aether groaned in pain and let out a yelp when he felt something cold and sharp against his neck.

"Aether? What on earth are you doing here, darling?"

Aether heard someone exclaimed, immediately knowing it was you based on the accent and the static laced with your voice. Aether slowly opened his eyes and noticed the position the two of you are in.

You were straddling Aether's waist while one of your hands was holding both of his wrists, pinning them down to the ground. You were pointing a steak knife towards Aether's throat, a small grin plastered on your face as your eyes stared down at the blonde in amusement. Aether felt his face flushed red, secretly liking the position he's in right now.

"Hey! What took you so long? Did you managed to get the deer?" the blue haired girl from earlier asked aloud, coming out of the bushes. Paimon floating not too far behind her.

You let go of Aether and quickly stood up, clearing your throat. You pulled out a handkerchief and wiped away the blood that was dripping down from your chin, making yourself look presentable after you just finished eating a boar before getting ambushed by your blonde friend.

"No, sorry. There wasn't any deer." Aether replied, getting up from the ground as he looked at the girl with an apologetic look.

"No deer? But that's impossible. The deer tracks led us here..." the girl trailed off.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, darling. But there really is no deer here. The tracks you followed must have been mine." you informed, lifting up your leg to show the deer hoofprints on the soles of your shoes.

"You're.. a deer?" the girl asked while looking at you from head to toe, mostly staring at your ears.

"Right you are, my deer! Haha!" you exclaimed with a laugh, slightly curious why the girl suddenly started to drool.

"You're a strange creature.. can I eat you? Are you edible?" the girl asked.

You and Aether stared at her with wide eyes, your grin turning into a smile. Silence filled the air as you stared back at the girl who has stars in her eyes, looking at you.

"Haha! No! That's cannibalism, dear! It is frowned upon in most societies." you replied, laughing it off.

"Oh.. I'm sorry! I just get excited when it comes to food. I'm sorry for trying to hunt you. You see, I've always heard about the wide range of ingredients you can find in Mondstadt and so far, it's true. I thought the deer was a jackpot for me and well.. here we are." the girl explained, rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment.

"It's quite alright, dear. No harm done." you stated, Aether nodding beside you as he gave the girl a smile.

"Are you a hunter by any chance?" Aether asked while the girl shook her head in reply.

"No, I'm a chef! A chef on a mission to find rare and exotic ingredients from all corners of the world! My name's Xiangling, I'm from Liyue Harbor. And you are?" the girl, Xiangling, asked.

"(Y/N), a pleasure to meet you. This fine man beside me is Aether while the floating one is Paimon." you introduced yourself and your companions, taking a hold of Xiangling's hand and giving it a firm shake with a large grin on your face.