Chapter 19

"What the heck happened to you?" Diluc asked in worry when he saw you in your human form, covered in blood.

"There were some complications on my investigation. Not to worry though, I did not kill anyone! Just roughed them up and maybe knocked them unconscious!" you happily explained with a large smile, hiding the fact that you ate one of the guards earlier.

You were surprised when a handkerchief was suddenly pressed against your cheek. You looked up and noticed Diluc was wiping away the blood on your face.

You tried to pull yourself away but Diluc held you in place, too focused on wiping your face that he didn't notice he was leaning closer towards you.

"Did they hurt you?" Diluc questioned, referring to your bloody state. "Hurt me? Ha! They can't even touch me!" you replied, giving Diluc a small grin.

"Besides, this isn't my blood." you added, making Diluc gave you a look.

"I didn't kill anyone! I'm fulfilling the deal and obeyed your command!" you reassured, raising your hands in surrender. Diluc let out a sigh as he stepped away from you, making sure there wasn't any more blood on your face.

"Anyways, were you able to find the key? The guards I encountered didn't have one on them. It's a shame that they can't even fight well." you stated, looking down at your blood stained hands.

"I did, a guard gave it to me. Shall we go?" Diluc asked as he held out his gloved hand towards you.

You stared at Diluc's hand then back at your bloodied ones. "Are you sure you want blood to stain your gloves, darling?" you replied with a grin, showing him your hands.

"Bloody or not, it's still your hand. Doesn't matter if you dirty my gloves." Diluc exclaimed as he grabbed your hand and began to walk, thanking his mask for hiding the blush that appeared on his face.

You walked beside Diluc, surprised from his action. You noticed he had a firm grip on your hand, leading the both of you towards a gate to unlock it with the key he obtained.

You stood in front of the gate and watched Diluc unlock it open using the key. The gate opened and the two of you saw the Holy Lyre being contained inside a cage.

You neared towards the cage and summoned your staff, about to destroy the cage when you heard movement beside you.

You turned and saw a blade headed towards your head. You were about to use your staff to parry the weapon when you suddenly saw a claymore block the incoming blade instead.

A Fatui Agent appeared before you both as it jumped a few feet away.

"Signora is not going to tolerate this kind of interference in our affairs. So I'll be the one to take care of you. Save her the trouble of having to deal with you two herself." the agent said as you watched him disappear.

'Teleportation? Ah, I see now. Invisibility.' you thought, watching in the sidelines as Diluc fought off the agent.

"This is getting boring.." you muttered. You noticed the agent looking at your direction and threw one of his blades in your direction.

"Watch out!" Diluc called out.

You grinned and caught the blade in your fingers, spinning it around. "My, that's very rude of you to throw a blade at a lady! Didn't your parents ever teach you about manners?" you mocked with a small laugh.

"Your throw is also very off, good sir! Just like a rifle, you have to aim towards your target and shoot it! That's a lesson in Hunter 101!" you exclaimed as you swiftly threw the knife at the agent and watched as it pierced his sides.

The agent let out a scream of pain as it moved away from Diluc to get rid of the blade.

"Ahh, music to my ears!" you stated with a giggle and snapped your fingers. You watched as a portal appeared below the agent.

Black tendrils came out of the portal and took hold of the Fatui agent. The agent squirmed and thrashed around as he tried to free himself but failed.

A large grin was plastered on your face as you watched the tendrils drag the agent into the portal. The portal disappeared and you heard some muffled screaming coming from your microphone. You chuckled darkly as you made your staff disappear.

You turned towards Diluc to see him with his arms crossed. "Something the matter?" you asked, tilting your head to the side.

"Where did you take him?" Diluc questioned.

"That, I'm not sure. But I am sure he's not dead yet." you lied.

"Let's just hurry up and get the Holy Lyre before any other Fatui can come in." Diluc stated, letting out a sigh as he grabbed the Holy Lyre.

"I know an easy way to get back to the tavern." you exclaimed, making Diluc look at you confused.

"Brace yourself, darling." you stated as you linked your arm with Diluc's and snapped your fingers.

Diluc felt the world around him shift as you held onto him to keep him upright. The two of you teleported back into Mondstadt, outside of the tavern.

You removed the mask on your face and turned back to your demon form. You felt Diluc let out a shaky breath as you gave his back a comforting pat.

"Don't worry, darling. You'll be able to get used to it." you reassured, a small grin on your face while Diluc removed his mask.

"Yeah.. give me a warning next time." Diluc exclaimed as he began to walk towards the tavern, only to notice you stop in your tracks.

Diluc turned his head and saw you glaring at something, the grin still on your face. Diluc became curious and followed your gaze to see a dog sitting near the tavern, staring at the two of you.

Diluc looked between you and the dog, finally connecting the dots.

"Are you afraid of dogs?" Diluc asked.

"Me? Afraid? Ha! No, I'm not afraid of them, I despise such creatures!" you replied as you continued to glare down the canine a few meters away from you. Diluc raised a brow, amused at your reply and watched as the dog started to walk towards the two of you.

You gritted your teeth and let out a hiss as the dog went closer towards you. You continued to hiss at the dog when you felt yourself being picked up from the ground, making you surprised.

You looked up and saw Diluc was the one carrying you. You were about to scold Diluc when you both heard the dog bark, making you flinch and hold onto the red head.

You felt your grin straining when you looked at the dog and noticed it staring back at you. Diluc let out a short chuckle, making you turn to him with an annoyed stare.

"For someone as powerful as you, I never thought you would be the kind of person to dislike dogs." Diluc stated.

"Don't tell a soul about this and don't you even dare drop me." you exclaimed, poking Diluc's cheek at every word you said.

"I don't plan to do so." Diluc replied as he tried to shoo the dog away from the both of you.