Chapter 21

"Do we have to go so early in the morning? Paimon is still sleepy." Paimon exclaimed with a yawn while you and Aether looked back at her as you all exited the inn.

"If we want to save Dvalin, yes." Aether replied as the three of you walked along the city.

"Can't we sleep for a few more hours? (Y/N) scared Paimon too much last night." Paimon stated as you lightly chuckle, remembering the events.

----------

"Finally! Time to sleep!" Paimon cheered as she floated towards the room.

"Hm?" Paimon stopped outside the room and noticed the door was open while the lights were turned off. Paimon peeked inside the dark room to see a pair of glowing eyes that looked like radio dials and a large grin.

Paimon quickly placed her hand on the walls and flicked the lights on. Paimon was confused, she saw you asleep on the chair with a relaxed smile plastered on your face.

'(Y/N) still smiles even when she's asleep..? Does she even have any expressions other than smiling?' Paimon thought as she turned the lights off only to see the same pair of glowing eyes again.

Paimon turned on the lights again and saw you were still asleep. Paimon repeatedly turned the lights on and off, watching as the glowing eyes shift to your sleeping form again and again.

Paimon turned the lights on and noticed you were gone, making her surprised. She turned the lights off again and paled at the sight in front of her. Numerous pairs of eyes were staring down at her, giving her a large smile. At the center of them, was the same glowing radio dial eyes staring straight through her soul.

Paimon shrieked in fear when she felt something sharp poke her.

----------

"I'm truly sorry for scaring you, dear." you exclaimed, pressing a hand to your chest to show your sincerity.

"Hmph! You should cut your nails sometimes, (Y/N)! Paimon is afraid you might scratch someone with it!" Paimon replied while you grinned in return.

"I'll make note of that." you stated.

"Shall we get some food from Good Hunter's before we go to Dawn Winery?" Aether asked.

"Oh yeah! You'll pay for the meals!" Paimon happily cheered as she flew towards the shop, leaving you and Aether behind.

"I can pay for her meals, if you'd like." you suggested and watched as Aether quickly shook his head.

"No need, I'll pay for it. Let's go." Aether said as he gently took your hand and walked beside you to where Paimon is.

You felt Aether's fingers intertwining yours as you stared at him with a raised brow.

"Oh? If it isn't the Honorary Knight and my sweet lovely demon."

You and Aether turned around to see Kaeya walking up towards you both with a smile.

"Why, good morning Kaeya darling! What brings you here in this lovely day?" you greeted, giving Kaeya a close eyes grin.

"Well, I was about to grab something to eat at Good Hunter before I go to my mission until I came across some familiar faces." Kaeya explained as he grabbed your other hand and placed a light kiss on your knuckles.

You felt Aether's grip on your hand tightened while you kept your grin.

"What a coincidence, we're also going there." Aether exclaimed as he gave Kaeya a light glare.

"Oh really now? Then let's head there together!" Kaeya stated as he pulled you towards him, making Aether lose his grip on your hand.

You felt your back hit Kaeya's chest as he wrapped his arms around you, making you let out static radio noises.

"Let's go~" Kaeya exclaimed, giving Aether a sly grin as he joined Paimon with you in his arms.

----------

You held a sleeping Paimon in your arms as you and Aether headed towards Dawn Winery.

Aether was sulking in the corner, internally annoyed at Kaeya. Before Kaeya left, he managed to place a chaste kiss on your cheek. Aether noticed Kaeya about to place another kiss on you and quickly took action.

Aether shielded your face with his hand, making Kaeya kiss the back of his hand instead.

Aether shuddered as he rubbed his hand in disgust. You looked beside your blonde companion and lightly chuckled.

"You know, if you wanted a kiss from Kaeya, you could of just asked him." you stated, remembering the two males glaring at each other back at Good Hunter.

"I do not want a kiss from him. Not on my life." Aether replied as he crossed his arms and pouted.

You rolled your eyes at his reply as you looked down at the sleeping Paimon in your arms. An idea came to your mind as you leaned towards Aether.

Aether looked at you confusedly but was instead surprised as he let out a squeak when you placed a kiss on his cheek. You quickly pulled away and gave him a sly smile before continuing on your tracks.

You didn't noticed Aether's face turning red as he placed his hand on the spot where you kissed him. You heard a loud thump behind you as you turned back and saw Aether passed out on the ground.

"Oh dear, just a simple kiss on the cheek and you already fainted?" you asked out loud with a small chuckle as you snapped your fingers and summoned your shadow minions.

"Carry him for me, will you? And don't drop him." you ordered as you watched the shadow minions nod and carefully pick up your blonde companion.

"People here are so very strange yet they're quite entertaining.. don't you agree?" you asked your shadow minions as they walked beside you and grinned in reply.

"I suppose we mustn't waste more time. The others are already waiting at the Dawn Winery. We can't make them wait more longer." you stated.

You halted in your tracks when a group of cryo slimes appeared in your path. You clicked your tongue in annoyance as you snapped your fingers and watched the slimes be engulfed in flames.

You happily hummed a tune as you continued on your path with your passed out companions.