Chapter 6

"I see. Welcome to Mondstadt -- though you haven't arrived at the best of times, I'm afraid. Although I'm not really sure why you're all looking for the Anemo God. But everyone has their secrets, right?" Kaeya casually exclaimed.

'He seems quite interesting.' you thought as you simply nodded. "First and foremost, on behalf of the Knights of Favonius, I would like to extend our thanks to you for your help just now." Kaeya said as he looked towards your direction and placed a hand to his chest.

"It's no problem at all!" you happily replied. 'Even though I wanted to see this nice place getting destroyed, I got caught up with the destruction and ended up saving this city instead.. darn it.' you thought.

"The Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius is also very interested in meeting you and formally invites you all to our headquarters." Kaeya stated which made you feel excited as you moved towards him and linked your arm with his.

"Lead the way, my good man! We can't make the Acting Grand Master impatient!" you exclaimed as you pulled Kaeya to another direction.

"Right this way, my lady." Kaeya teasingly stated with a chuckle as he began to lead you to the headquarters, leaving the three behind with a surprised expression.

"What just happened?" Aether asked aloud.

"Paimon has no clue.. wait! (Y/N)! Don't leave Paimon!" Paimon called out as she quickly flew to where you were.

"Come on, Aether. We can't let Jean wait too long." Amber said as Aether nodded in reply and quickly jogged to catch up with you.

----------

".. And once it was over, I brought them straight here." Kaeya finished explaining as you and Aether looked between the blonde female in front of you and the brown haired woman wearing a purple witch outfit.

"Mondstadt welcomes you, windborne travelers. I am Jean, Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius." the blonde female, known as Jean, introduced herself.

"This is Lisa, our resident Librarian." Jean added as she gestured towards the purple witch.

"Oh my, are you sweeties here to help us out? You three look so adorable!" Lisa exclaimed as you adjusted your monocle and gave her a grin.

"Sadly, the timing is regrettable..." Lisa muttered.

'Hm.. I wonder if there are any shops here that sells venison? But that would mean I would have to ask Aether for the payment. The currency in this world are those so called mora..' you wondered as you looked around the office and ignored the others.

'I could maybe explore this place more and find something to hunt. Yes, that could go nicely.' you thought to yourself as you felt your grin widened at the thought of being able to hunt in this new world.

"And that is the plan. We'll start tomorrow morning. For now, Amber, can you lead our guests to an inn to stay for the night?" Jean instructed.

"Of course!" Amber replied. 'Plan? What plan?' you thought to yourself as you saw Lisa went back to searching through books while Jean leaned on her work desk.

Aether and Paimon were talking to each other. Kaeya was leaning against the wall as he observed you and your companions while you stood still on your spot, grin never wavering.

'Ah well, I suppose I'll just have to watch the plan play out. I have to play nice if I want to earn these people's trust and gain more knowledge about this world.. maybe I can cause some chaos if I ever get the chance.' you reminded yourself as you followed Amber out of the room.

"Have some good rest, you three." Kaeya exclaimed as he waved you off, giving you a smirk.

"You as well, my good fellow. Don't let the nightmares haunt you." you replied, the static in your voice becoming heavier as you gave Kaeya a smirk before leaving the room.

"She gives me this kind of weird vibe. Just looking at her teeth and claws aren't helping at all. Should we just put our trust in her so easily? What if she's a danger to Mondstadt?" Jean asked as she looked at the door where you left.

"I admit she gives off such dark aura but have you look at her ears? I don't think someone as fluffy and cheerful as her could cause chaos." Lisa replied as she let out a soft sigh.

"Who knows? She could just be putting on a facade. She's a mystery that I want to unravel." Kaeya stated while letting out a small chuckle as he left the room.

"Oh my? Someone already having a crush on the new girl?" Lisa giggled as Jean looked at her in confusion.

----------

"You can take the bed, (Y/N). I'll be taking the couch." Aether suggested as the two of you stood in the bedroom of the inn you currently reside in.

"Paimon doesn't care who takes the couch. Paimon will share the bed with anyone." Paimon exclaimed as she pushed you and Aether aside and laid on the bed.

You removed the wrinkles of your outfit and looked at Paimon with an unamused grin as you watched her pull the blankets over her and started to snore.

"I assure you dear, I can take the couch. Now go on, sleep." you stated as you quickly left the room.

"But-"

Before Aether could say anything else, you shut the door on the way out, leaving him with a snoring Paimon.

"My apologies Aether but I'm afraid to tell you the bed will be useless to me. I am an insomniac after all." you muttered to yourself as you summoned your staff and left the inn.

"Maybe I could make it up to him by making breakfast tomorrow? Mother always say my cooking is worth to die for!" you giggled as you began to walk around the city, exploring every nook and cranny of the area.

"Alright! Since I don't know where to get mora in the middle of the night, hunting will make it easier. I could have sworn I found some eggs scattered around the area." you tapped your cheek in thought when you felt an odd presence coming from an alleyway.

'Doesn't feel like a citizen's aura nor does it belong to one of the so called Knights of Favonius..' you thought as you neared towards the alleyway.

You found a trio of weird creatures that are dancing in sync and another creature with a white fluffy body wearing a coat.

You remembered Aether and Paimon telling you these dancing creatures are called hilichurls while the fluffy one is an abyss mage.

You felt your grin widened as you made yourself known to the group. "That was some sad excuse of dancing!" you exclaimed as the abyss mage prepared its staff while the hilichurls prepared their weapons.

You let out a dark chuckle as you felt your antlers growing larger while you spun your staff around your fingers.

"This is going to be fun."