Chapter 9

You strolled around the city of Mondstadt, your arms behind your back as you held your staff in your hand. Your hair sways with each step you make as you hummed out one of your favorite jazz music.

Diluc asked you to leave the tavern and explore the city for a while until he comes back after doing his errands. You suggested to help around with the tavern but Diluc quickly ushered you outside without hesitation.

You guessed it was because he doesn't trust you being in the tavern without him keeping an eye on you.

You're wrong.

Diluc noticed some of his male customers, who are drunk as hell, were looking at you with eyes full of lust. He knows you can take care of them, you're a demon for archons sake.

But he can already guess you might kill them and possibly consume them. You might even torture them if you're in the mood for it. He doesn't want anything bad to happen in his tavern... he also secretly does not want you getting hurt.

Yes.. that will not be happening under his watch.

So here you are, aimlessly walking around Mondstadt. Waiting for something to happen, be it good or bad it doesn't matter to you. As long as it's entertaining.

You noticed the stares of the citizens as you walked past them. In fact, you actually liked the attention. Some were frightened, they try to stay out of your way as you walk by.

Some stopped whatever they were doing and stared at you, you don't know if it was because of your appearance or the large, sharp cheshire grin on your face.

It could maybe be both.

You walked across the bridge without a care in the world, ignoring the pigeons that flew away when you walked towards them.

You were in a calm mood when a rock was thrown at your head. A record scratch came out of you as you stopped in your steps.

"You scared away my pigeons! What do you have to say for yourself, you jerk!" you heard a child's voice exclaim as you stood still from your spot, holding your staff tightly.

"Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you!" the boy called out but quickly shrieked in fear when he saw your head snap and turned 180° to look at him. He could have sworn he heard the sounds of bones cracking but was too busy screaming in fear.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you it is rude to yell and throw rocks at people?"

You asked the boy with a sharp grin, the static in your voice becoming heavy and your antlers slowly grew while the air surrounding the two of you felt suffocating.

"Do not kill any human, no matter what. Use self-defense if they strike first."

You remembered Diluc's warnings before you left the tavern. 'The boy did threw a rock at me, meaning it counts as a first strike. But how would I use self-defense against a kid..' you thought for a moment as you stared at the boy.

"Try to do that again and I will kill all your pigeons and devour them in front of you."

You watched in glee as the boy cried in fear and ran away from you. Your antlers returning to normal and your head snapped back to how it used to be as you let out a sigh of satisfaction.

You always loved seeing the fear in people's faces, humans and demons alike.

"Ah, (Y/N). I didn't expect to see you here." you heard a voice said as you looked behind and saw Kaeya.

"Good day, Kaeya! How may I help you on this fine day?" you asked as you walked towards the male. "I thought you were with Aether to help investigate the temples." Kaeya stated as he stared at you.

"About that, I was told to stay behind for my safety! Haha! I'm positive I can handle myself well." you explained with a laugh.

"Well, I saw Aether with Lisa earlier to investigate the temple they're assigned with. I am about to go investigate the Temple of the Wolf. Care to join me?" Kaeya asked as a grin spread through your face.

"Why, that would be splendid! I was about to go insane from boredom!" you replied while spreading your arms wide to exaggerate your undying boredom, making Kaeya chuckle.

"I'm sure the temple will be able to stop your boredom. Shall we?" Kaeya asked as he held out his arm and linked it with yours.

"Lead the way, good sir!" you exclaimed.

----------

You and Kaeya made it outside of the temple. You can feel a dark presence coming from inside, making you grin wider.

"For now, you can kill hilichurls, the abyss, creatures and monsters that gives off a bad vibe. Those who harm and will bring harm to innocent people, kill them."

You heard Diluc's voice rang through your head as you felt yourself becoming giddy with excitement.

"You felt that too, right? Something must have happened inside the temple. I imagine there would be slimes, hilichurls, and.. whatever is giving Stormterror extra power. Oh yes, it is going to be lively in there indeed!" Kaeya exclaimed, chuckling to himself.

"I can already tell this will be very entertaining for me." you announced as the two of you began to head inside the temple. Kaeya gave you a suspicious look as he watched you walk on ahead.

"Hm.. if I'm not mistaken, the end of the temple should be up there." Kaeya stated as he pointed up north.

You placed your arms behind your back as you continued to walk around. Both you and Kaeya halted in your steps when you saw a group of hilichurls heading your way, weapons ready to strike.

You were about to summon your shadow minions but Kaeya stood in front of you, making you raise a brow at him.

"Let me show you how the Knights of Favonius handle conquer our adversaries!" Kaeya exclaimed as he readied his blade.

You walked towards a corner and summoned a chair. Kaeya watched as you gracefully sit on the chair you summoned and grinned up at him.

"Put on a good show for me, my dear!" you cheered while placing your staff on your lap.