Chapter 15

Once you made sure Aether has reached the area where the holy lyre is, you quickly teleported back outside the cathedral.

You saw Venti sitting down on the railings of the balcony, looking at the night sky. You walked closer to the green bard and stood beside him, a grin on your face. Venti took notice of your presence and gave you a smile.

"Oh hey! Where have you been all this time?" Venti asked. "Oh you know, exploring the city and such. But I mostly stayed inside the inn Aether, Paimon and I currently reside in." you lied, placing your arms behind your back as you stared up at the night sky.

"I see. For a second, I thought you were with us inside the cathedral earlier." Venti exclaimed, searching your face for any answers.

You let out a small laugh and looked at the bard with a wide grin. "You must be seeing things. I don't even want to set foot inside a cathedral!" you stated, placing your hand on your chest as you looked at the cathedral and grimaced.

"You do have a point. With you being a demon, I'm glad to know you aren't kicked out of this city yet." Venti said. 'They can't even approach me because they're afraid of what I might do to them. They're quite lucky that I'm currently being put on a leash by Diluc. Oh to eat humans again..' you thought to yourself, subconsciously nodding at Venti's statement.

"(Y/N)! Venti!"

You and Venti turned around to see Aether and Paimon running towards you.

"We're busted! RUN!" Paimon panicked as she ducked into your arms, clutching onto your tailcoat.

"What?! Follow me!" Venti exclaimed as he jumped down the railing. "Run (Y/N)!" Aether called out as he used his wind glider and followed Venti.

You held onto Paimon as you both teleported behind a building near the cathedral. 'The inn would be a terrible idea.. the guards could also go to the Knights of Favonius..' you thought, thinking of the places where they couldn't search for you and your floating companion.

"That's it!" you stated as you snapped your fingers and teleported Paimon and yourself to a tavern. A tavern you know along with the red headed bartender working there. You let go of Paimon as she floated beside you.

You were about to open the door to the tavern when you saw Venti and Aether flying straight towards you. You quickly move to the side and watched as Venti and Aether crashed through the door, tumbling inside the building.

You and Paimon followed the two as you all entered the tavern, closing the door behind you and fixing the damages using your magic.

Aether and Venti groaned in pain as they slowly stood up. You looked to the front and saw Diluc and Charles.

"Hello Dil--"

"Never met you in my life." Diluc stated, cutting you off as he glanced to the side. You raised a brow at his words, confused to the sudden change.

"Lady (Y/N)! It's good to see you again!" Charles greeted with a wave.

You looked away from Diluc while your grin widened. "Ah, Charles! It's a pleasure to see you in this fine evening!" you happily greeted in reply.

You didn't noticed Diluc sulking in the side but Charles did. Charles felt a chill run down his back when he felt Diluc's glare on him. He could almost feel the jealousy his master is radiating.

"Excuse me! We would like a seat at your.. least conspicuous table!" Venti requested as you headed towards the counter and sat down on one of the chairs.

"Charles, dear friend. Can I get a drink?" you asked, grinning up at said man. "Of course, Lady (Y/N). Coffee or grape juice?" Charles replied.

"Coffee please. Black, no sugar nor cream." you answered as you looked at your companions to see them heading towards the second floor.

"We'll be heading up now! See you in a bit!" Venti exclaimed as Aether looked back at you, wondering if you're going to join them.

You were about to stand up when you felt a hand placed itself on your shoulder, making you stiffen and stay in your seat. You turned and saw the hand belongs to Diluc. "I better get an explanation from all of this." Diluc whispered towards you.

Neither of you didn't notice the glare Aether was giving at the red head.

"I'm sure my companions will be able to explain the situation to you." you answered Diluc, thanking Charles once he gave you your coffee. Charles excused himself and left to do other things.

You were an exception in the tavern, being able to order any drink you request, coffee for example. Diluc and Charles can make you coffee whenever you want to, mostly Diluc. Although you didn't know why it's free of charge but Diluc insisted that you don't have to pay for any drink you order.

You weren't broke, you have gained some mora when you were killing off some hilichurls and abyss mages. You guessed it was him just being a gentleman but it still made you confused.

"There's something strange about that bard. I'll go ask around later." Diluc stated.

"Ask who exactly?" Charles questioned.

"The 'protectors' of Mondstadt.." Diluc replied.

The door to the tavern opened as you all saw two knights rush in. You took a sip of your coffee, getting interested on the scene and wondering what's going to happen.

"Master Diluc, have you seen two thieves around? They were trying to steal the Holy Lyre." one of the guards exclaimed.

Diluc glanced your way and gave you a look. You gave him a grin and shrugged, watching his next move while drinking your coffee.

"That's odd. I believe they headed that way." Diluc replied, pointing to another direction to where the 'thieves' went to.

"Understood! Thank you, Master Diluc!" the guards said simultaneously, glancing at your direction before leaving the tavern.

You turned to look at Diluc and saw him giving you an unimpressed look. "A Holy Lyre? I didn't expect a demon like yourself to just steal a Holy Lyre." Diluc stated.

You let out a chuckle and held your arms up. "Does it look like I even have the lyre on me? I may be a demon but I assure you darling, stealing isn't my forte. If I did have it, I don't even have a clue on what I would do with it. I'd just toss it aside." you replied, crossing your arms and giving Diluc a cheshire grin.

"Right. I still want answers." Diluc exclaimed.

You gestured towards your companions as they made their way towards you and Diluc.

"They are the answers." you simply replied.