Chapter 72

A day has passed, you and Zhongli travelled along the road to Inazuma City on foot. Every area you encounter was filled with hilichurls, abyss mages, and even people with swords. Luckily, you and your companion was able to finish them off.

Striking down the last mitachurl on the road, you fixed your outfit and rid of its wrinkles from all the fighting you did. Snapping your fingers, the map appeared in front of you as you looked at your current location.

"It says here that we're near the city!" you happily exclaimed, feeling Zhongli's presence by your side looking over the map as well.

"It appears so. It looks like that's the city. It's not too far from us." Zhongli replied as he looked around before pointing at something towards the distance. You followed where he was pointing and caught sight of an area full of buildings, houses and shops.

"Then we mustn't dilly dally, dear! Brace yourself!" you exclaimed before grabbing Zhongli's hand and transporting the both of you towards the city.

A grin was plastered on your face as you teleported inside the city with Zhongli. You ignored how the archon lightly tightened his grip on your hand, thinking he could still be feeling nauseous at your teleporting ability.You tilted your head to the side, noticing the market area you were in to be empty.

"That's odd, where are the people here? Is there a festival where they have to leave their shops opened?" you asked, looking around to at least spot any citizen of Inazuma.

"You two! What are you doing here? The Vision Hunt Ceremony is about to begin." a voice called out.

Both you and Zhongli turned to see an elderly man come out of his shop before turning towards you. He then pointed to an area where a crowd has gathered before walking to it.

"Ah, thank you kind sir!" you called out before following the elderly citizen to the crowd of people.

You glanced at the center and saw a blonde male kneeling on the ground, two Inazuman guards stood on both sides. You turned your attention towards a woman wearing mostly purple but the aura she held was electrifying.

You felt Zhongli tug on your hand before pulling you close to him, your back pressed up against his chest as you watched the scene in front. "Who is the woman in the center?" you asked the male behind you.

"That woman is named Baal. She is the Electro Archon that rules over this nation. Though, her citizens call her the Raiden Shogun." Zhongli informed, his eyes narrowing as you both watched the blonde male's vision being removed on his side and flew towards the Raiden Shogun.

Your eyes caught sight of another blonde as it grabbed the vision before it flew into the Electro Archon's grasp. You felt a large grin forming on your face when you saw it was Aether with Paimon flying beside him.

'That boy always attracts trouble. But he is pure entertainment!' you thought as you watched Aether knock out the guards. He tried to free the blonde male but was quickly stopped by the Raiden Shogun. Your eyes widened in surprise when the Electro Archon summoned a blade from her chest. Before pointing it towards Aether.

'How bold and lewd.' you cringed in thought as Aether disappeared with the Archon to who knows where. You teleported yourself to where Aether used to stand, investigating where the boy might have been taken to.

"(Y/N)!" Paimon called out in surprise, the blonde male beside him was somewhat confused.

"Paimon, darling! I sure did miss you! But I cannot believe you replaced me with... that." you greeted, pretending to act hurt while pointing at the male.

"What? No! This is Thoma and he's been assisting us since we got here! You gotta take the ropes off!" Paimon exclaimed frantically.

You went around the male and looked closely at the ropes binding him. Placing your pointer finger on the rope, you casted a flame to burn the binds and setting the male free. You heard Paimon shriek in fear as you turned around to see Aether laying unconscious on the floor.

Your eyes widened in shock when the electro archon raised her blade towards the blonde male before swinging it down. You felt your body move on its own as you summoned your staff and parried the archon's attack. The blow between both your weapons created a large force that it pushed Aether's body away from you. You gritted your teeth as you pushed back the Raiden Shogun's blade.

"Foul demon. You too, are an enemy of eternity." the archon stated.

"I'm already an enemy of a lot of people, dear. You're just adding yourself to the list. Besides, I can't let you kill the one who can bring the most entertainment to me." you replied with a chuckle.

You quickly tilted your head to the side when the archon thrusted her blade towards your head. She kept swinging attack after attack at a much faster pace, it was making you difficult to catch up. You yelped when your staff flew out of your grip after your wrist received a deep cut.

Your grin strained as you watched the shogun swung her blade down at you. Raising your hands towards the blade, you casted a large flame and shot it to the archon. Unaware of the reaction between fire and electro, a large explosion occured.

You felt an arm wrapped around your waist before you were picked up and carried away from the area. Your ears were ringing from the explosion but you can make out Zhongli's voice in the background as he talked to the blonde male you freed earlier.

You lightly groaned as you felt your whole figure burn from the explosion, the last thing you noticed before blacking out was how your clothes were charred and torn. You didn't expect the explosion to happened, you were also sure you singed some of the electro archon's hair.