Noctua Chapter: Act 1 (Part 1)

You sat by the counter of Angel's Share, drinking your black coffee. Your staff laid on the wall beside you, the microphone playing some of your jazz music in a low soothing volume.

Diluc stood behind the counter, wiping some of the glasses with a clean cloth. There wasn't much customers inside the tavern. Diluc was even more glad to know that Aether went to finish some commissions from the Adventurers Guild, he'll be able to spend more time with you than your blonde companion.

When Diluc saw you enter his tavern earlier, he already went ahead to prepare your coffee. He asked Charles to finish the order his current customer asked just to be able to make your drink.

Charles watched in amusement as his master swiftly served the caffeinated drink he prepared in front of you. Charles even noticed that small proud look Diluc had as he watched you take a sip of the coffee, noting his master's eyes lighting up when he heard you compliment him.

'Ah, young love.' Charles thought as he served another customer.

You heard your microphone play one of your favorite music as you hummed along while tapping your foot to the rhythm, the static in your voice becoming more evident.

Diluc felt himself relax at the soothing atmosphere before him. His other customers were seated in various tables far away from the counter, making him stay beside you and enjoy the comforting feeling.

You heard the tavern door open and stiffened when you felt someone place a kiss on your cheek.

"Good day, my sweet demon~"

Diluc's grip on the glass tightened, you noticed some cracks beginning to form on the poor glass.

"Good day to you as well, darling. Is there something you need?" you asked, finishing the coffee Diluc brewed for you.

"Not much. Just wanted to speak to Master Diluc. Some.. important matters." Kaeya answered, giving an annoyed Diluc a small grin while wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"Charles, watch over the tavern while I'm gone. Sir Kaeya.. how about we speak business on somewhere more private?" Diluc exclaimed as he placed down the glass he almost broke and pulled Kaeya away from you.

"Have fun, you two!" you called out as you watched the door to the tavern closed.

"Do you want another refill, Lady (Y/N)?" Charles asked, gesturing towards your now empty cup.

"No need, my good friend. I'm just about to go out for a stroll." you replied as you stood up from your seat and grabbed your staff.

"Be safe, Lady (Y/N)!" Charles bid you goodbye. You gave the man a grin as you went out of the tavern.

"Since I'm feeling a little hungry... how about a little snack during my stroll?" you told yourself as you began to walk away from the tavern.

----------

You walked across the bridge towards Mondstadt, your hair swaying side to side from each step you take.

You noticed the same kid from the other day, tending to his pigeons. You were informed by Aether that the kid's name was Timmie. Your ears perked up as you slowed down your pace and listened to the boy.

"6..7..8.. huh? There's supposed to be 10 of you! Where are the other two?" Timmie exclaimed in surprise while he counted his feathered friends. You continued on your path as Timmie looked around the bridge in search of the missing pigeons.

You let out a small dark chuckle as you brought your fingers to your lips and licked them clean. Grabbing a handkerchief from your pocket, you wiped the sides of your mouth and noticed there were small traces of blood on the white cloth.

You were about to put the handkerchief away when you noticed a bloodied feather stuck to your shoulder.

"A small souvenir from my prey.. how lovely!" you exclaimed as you wrapped the cloth around the feather and tucked it away in your pocket. Humming to yourself as you walked back inside the city.

You noticed it was now nightfall and went to search for Diluc to assist him with his 'heroic' deeds. You felt a strange presence nearby and went towards it. Following the presence, you came across Diluc fighting against a cryo abyss mage. You were about to help him but decided against it. You heard footsteps coming from behind you as you turned to see Paimon and Aether.

"(Y/N)? You're the Darknight Hero?" Aether asked, making you tilt your head in confusion.

"Darknight Hero? What silly nonsense! I am no hero, darling. Keep that in mind." you replied, summoning your staff as you blocked an incoming cryo blast heading towards the blonde.

"But the flames and the colors red and black. Well, you aren't dressed in black but it kinda looks like it if someone is looking at you in the dark." Paimon explained as she hid behind you.

"I have no plans on helping others without any good source of entertainment. If you're talking about a hero, I suggest you take a look at the fight before you." you stated, watching your companions turn to see Diluc finishing off the abyss mage.

"The Darknight Hero.. is Master Diluc?!" Paimon exclaimed as you and your companions approached the red head.

"Darknight Hero..?" Diluc asked as he glanced at your direction. You shook your head with a small grin and shrugged in reply.

"Please tell me you didn't come up with that." Diluc stated, showing clear signs he didn't like the nickname.

"How is this the first you both have heard of the name? Every man and his dog in Mondstadt is yapping about the Darknight Hero!" Paimon asked while looking between you and Diluc.

"I admit, I was intrigued about the rumours going around but I didn't bother.. considering I already have a clue on who it was since the beginning.." you replied, mumbling the last part to yourself.

"I do not concern myself with idle chatter. Though, I suppose I may take the idleness of others as a sign that peace prevails." Diluc answered.

"We solved the mystery, Aether! Now then, Mr. Darknight Hero..." Paimon exclaimed as she turned towards Diluc.

"Please, stop calling me that. Seriously, it makes me uncomfortable." Diluc muttered, crossing his arms.

"Not surprised. It's the stupidest superhero name Paimon has ever heard. You should come up with something more original. Like... 'Captain Pie'.." Paimon trailed off while you and Aether erupted in a fit of laughter.

"Pie?" Diluc questioned as Paimon waved her hands around in defense, trying to come up with another name.

"I have the perfect outfit in mind that would suit our Captain Pie!" you happily exclaimed as you snapped your fingers and added some pie-themed accessories and designs to his outfit.

"It's perfect!" Aether complimented as he gave you a thumbs up while his other hand covered his mouth to stop himself from laughing.

"Stop it." Diluc stated, looking at you with an unamused expression. You gave Diluc an innocent grin and snapped your fingers, reverting his clothes back to normal.