Chapter 5

You and Paimon watched from below as Aether finally managed to use the wind glider without any problems.

Aether landed on the ground a few feet away from and gave you a grin. "I did it!" Aether exclaimed to which you giggled. "Congratulations, dear. Should we celebrate your success?" you suggested.

Before Aether could respond, the sky began to darken and was being covered by fog. All of you heard a loud roar as you and Aether looked at the sky to see the dragon you saw at the forest.

The dragon let out another roar as a large tornado appeared. The citizens of the city began to run for shelter.

"Run!" Amber exclaimed. Aether grabbed your hand and started to run but a tornado came closer and pulled the two of you in. Aether yelped in surprise while you let out a small gasp as the two of you were separated from the tornado.

You felt something hard hit your back as you quickly observed your surroundings only to find yourself on top of the dragon. "What in Lucifer's name.." you muttered as you held onto the dragon.

"Okay.. now how do I stop this thing.." you said to yourself as you summoned your staff. "Hope I don't die! I don't think a second hell exist here! Hahaha!" you laughed and pierced your staff at the dragon's back.

Your ears pinned to the side of your head as your staff disappeared when you heard the dragon roared loudly in pain. "Oh dear." you mumbled with a strained smile as the dragon flew upwards.

You lost your grip and started to fall from the sky. You feel the wind around you began to slow down as you felt yourself floating.

"In return for saving the city from danger, allow me to return the favor."

You heard a voice exclaimed as you looked around but found no one.

"I'm preventing your fall with the power of a thousand winds. Calm down and ease your mind within."

You listened to the voice as you see Mondstadt coming in your view. You felt the wind gently place you down on the statue of the Anemo God's hands in the city.

'That was.. surprising.' you thought as your legs dangled in the air. You used your shadow to teleport yourself on the ground. You heard footsteps approaching you as you turned to see Amber, Aether and Paimon.

You gave the three a large grin and waved. You dodged to the side when Paimon headed towards you for a hug.

"A-are you hurt?" Amber asked as she looked you over for any injury. "I'm quite alright. In fact, I actually had fun." you reassured.

You noticed tears forming at Paimon's eyes as you let out a sigh and pulled her in for a hug.

"PAIMON WAS WORRIED!" Paimon cried out as she held onto you.

"It's alright, Paimon. There there." you comforted as you patted her on the head, being mindful of your claws to not injure her.

"I was worried when we got separated from the tornado! Don't let go like that again!" Aether exclaimed as he engulfed you in a hug. You felt your cheeks heat up as you stiffened while your ears stood up straight and your eyes turned static.

bzzzt bzzzt

"(Y/N)? You okay?" Amber asked as she waved a hand in front of you while Aether let go of the hug. You quickly shake your head as your eyes returned to normal, grin still on your face while you let go of Paimon.

"I'm quite alright, dear!" you replied as you turned away from them. Your ears perked up at the sound of footsteps and clapping.

You turned to your right and saw a male with dark blue hair and tanned skin. He was wearing a very.. exotic clothing with his chest being exposed.

'Oh for Lucifer's sake.. he reminds me of the kinky spider.' you thought.

"You've actually got the guts to go up against the dragon. Are you a new ally.. or a new storm?" the male said as he looked at your group. You kept your grin as you felt his stare linger on you.

Unknown to you, Aether noticed the stare the male was giving you and gave him a glare.

"Kaeya! You've come at the right time. We must-" Amber was cut off by the dark blue haired male.

"Hold on, Amber. Are you perhaps forgetting to introduce us?" the male reminded.

"Oh.. right. This is Kaeya, our Cavalry Captain." Amber said as she gestured towards the male.

"Kaeya, these three are travelers from afar, (Y/N), Aether and Paimon." Amber informed as she explained to Kaeya the reasons of your travels.

Your grin widened when you saw Kaeya look at you. What you did not expect was him sending you a wink as he turned to listen back to Amber's explanation.

Your ears perked up as you turned to look at Aether and noticed his glare towards Kaeya. You poked Aether's cheek to which his gaze turned towards you as he looked at you confused.

"You're underdressed." you told him, making him even more confused. You pushed his cheek upward, showing a bit of his teeth.

"Smile, dear. You're never fully dressed without one." you reminded.

You felt satisfied and let go of Aether's cheek once he gave you a grin, showing you his pearly whites.

You turned your gaze back at Amber and Kaeya, not noticing Aether touching the part where you placed your finger on his cheek.

Aether already didn't like and trust Kaeya ever since he noticed him staring at you. He didn't understand why he got upset about it. When you poked his cheek, he thanked whatever god exists that his face didn't turn red.